Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

I don't understand why the Packers gave up their best secondary player. I'm assuming it's the typical Green Bay reason (we don't want to pay him and we'll just draft someone with the picks we've stacked) but if that's it then why not wait for a comp pick?

14 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I don't understand why the Packers gave up their best secondary player. I'm assuming it's the typical Green Bay reason (we don't want to pay him and we'll just draft someone with the picks we've stacked) but if that's it then why not wait for a comp pick?

Why wait for a comp pick if you can get the pick now? It's the same thing, no?

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

Face it, we're getting Oseweiler'd  

Osweiler sucks but Peterman's in another area code. His career QB Rating is something like 39.2. Also, Buffalo doesn't have weapons even close to Miami's.

2 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I don't care if Mack, Roquan, and Floyd can't play on Sunday.  There is zero excuse to lose this game, Peterman is just so so bad.

Buffalo signed Terrelle Pryor and the rumor is he may play some QB. They also are bringing in Matt Barkley for a visit.

Edited by soxfan49

6 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I don't care if Mack, Roquan, and Floyd can't play on Sunday.  There is zero excuse to lose this game, Peterman is just so so bad.

This is such a set-up, I can't even believe it. We are totally going to lose to Peterman.  Afterall, Osweiller sucks against the world...but is freaking Mr. 4th quarter against the Bears. 

The Dix trade was odd. I would have thought they'd have got a comp pick anyway, seems like a strange move to weaken your secondary.  I suppose they must think they have existing pieces or another trade fell through (I thought they were going to deal Ha Ha for an asset and get Fowler).  

10 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The Dix trade was odd. I would have thought they'd have got a comp pick anyway, seems like a strange move to weaken your secondary.  I suppose they must think they have existing pieces or another trade fell through (I thought they were going to deal Ha Ha for an asset and get Fowler).  

4th round pick is what they were going to get as a comp for him leaving in free agency. 

He is an inconstant player.

Somewhere I saw a post saying he's out 6-8 weeks. Not sure if that is confirmed or not.  Would be probably a best case scenario news, if true. Would at least give him a potential shot at playing in some meaningful games.  That said, who knows how accurate that timeline is and whether someone else goes down who you need to designate and return sooner? 

Update: JD Dickerson indicating Nagy has said that Long is "week to week" having suffered some tendon injuries and they haven't yet decided whether to put on IR or not. We are allowed to return 2 players from IR, correct?  

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Saw this on a Bears board:

RT @dabearsblog: 65% completed

1.814 yards

15 TDs

6 INTs

97.8 rating

This literally can’t be negative. It’s not possible to make these numbers negative.

The negative stats are the ones that aren't there (off top of my head I know his % of missed targets is bad). But at that point it'd be cherry-picking trying to justify an already-made opinion.

47 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

1.814 yards

15 TDs

6 INTs

97.8 rating

This literally can’t be negative. It’s not possible to make these numbers negative.

This post may be directed at me, but overall I am very happy with Mitch so far. But every game he misses some wide open throws and those cant be ignored. He needs to fix those up first, but he is showing progress. 

Also, the game has changed so much, it hard to compare current guys to the past, Mahomes current numbers would make him the best QB ever. And Stafford could throw for the most yards ever, yet hes just another guy. 

11 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

1.814 yards

15 TDs

6 INTs

97.8 rating

oh yeah??? watch this:

-1.814 yards

-15 TDs

6 INTs

-97.8 rating

but seriously, what both lostfan and littlehurt said. Mitch is showing good signs so far this year, but there are still some issues. Hopefully they can be worked out since he is pretty raw.

11 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

1.814 yards

15 TDs

6 INTs

97.8 rating

Take away the Tampa Bay game and its probably more reflective on how he's played.

Definitely not bad, but there is a lot to improve on.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Take away the Tampa Bay game and its probably more reflective on how he's played.

Definitely not bad, but there is a lot to improve on.

And if you take away the one Super Bowl Rodgers won, he would have none. You can't take a game away just to fit a mindset. He isn't turning the ball over and his YPA continues to creep up. He had Tampa on the schedule and beat their ass. The Bears offense scored more against Tampa than New Orleans, Philly, Pittsburgh, ATL and Cincinnati did.

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1