Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

The Bears have 5 division games left, if they go like 3-2 on those games or better they have an excellent shot at winning the division.

They have NYG and SF, both are dumpster fires, and then there's the Rams where I'm sure they'll get stomped. Under Fox they were a joke in the division, and that should change.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

Looking ahead, Giants and Niners seem like winnable games. Detroit is fading fast, both games are winnable, I also think we have a good shot of beating Rodgers at Soldier Field.

So if we take care of business against the Giant and Niners, take 2 from Detroit. beat A-Rod, we'd most likely be a playoff team. It's not an easy task, but not unlikely either. At that point, the difference between a division winner and a WC team is how well we play against the Vikings.

lol I was posting almost this exact thing at the same time

The thing that sucks is this upcoming 3 game stretch is so bizarre (lion twice in like 10 days, minny in between) feels like it favors detroit, especially the thursday turkey game. Or at least it pushes whatever strengths to toss up territory.

Minny is looking VERY good. Need a great mack to beat them.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yesterday was such a laugher in such a short period of time, I'm not even concerned about Mitch's pedestrian numbers.  They did what they were supposed to do, they throttled two bad teams. The lions seem to be a bad team also, and it's a division game, everyone will need to step up 

It reminded me of a Missouri-Florida game from 2014. Missouri blew them out like 45-14, I was at a movie for a lot of it. You get out and you are like "hoo hoo how did our offense do!" and the offense had like 120 total yards and were outgained like 250-120.

It was a weird game. The offense still put up 27 points on their own, but a lot of it was short, short fields, and when it wasn't short fields, they'd have whole drives that were just a 60 yard pass interference.

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yesterday was such a laugher in such a short period of time, I'm not even concerned about Mitch's pedestrian numbers.  They did what they were supposed to do, they throttled two bad teams. The lions seem to be a bad team also, and it's a division game, everyone will need to step up 

Lions have beat the Pats and the Packers. I recognize Green Bay has its issues, but Pats are very good. Lions seems to have this jekyl and hyde thing going, but Bears are nowhere near good enough to consider other teams "bad" and play past them. The Bills game was a weird game cause they did a lot of really bad things that would have cost them against a normal opponent.  Stupid penalties, missed plays, just a lot of really bad, especially for a game you win as big as they did.

Its the same type of "bad" I've seen in the games that they've blown too, which makes me concerned.  

2 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Looking ahead, Giants and Niners seem like winnable games. Detroit is fading fast, both games are winnable, I also think we have a good shot of beating Rodgers at Soldier Field.

So if we take care of business against the Giant and Niners, take 2 from Detroit. beat A-Rod, we'd most likely be a playoff team. It's not an easy task, but not unlikely either. At that point, the difference between a division winner and a WC team is how well we play against the Vikings.

Its going to be a challenge...but this team is capable (of making it or blowing it...but they have the talent).  

45 minutes ago, Brian said:

Ravens firing John?

I don't know...if they did, he'd be high on my list. Kind of like when the Eagles got rid of Reid...I was screaming for the Bears to do the smart thing and hire him....no, we had to get creative and hire Trestman, etc. Thankfully we've found Nagy, who I legit believe in, but man, sometimes teams try to get cute when generational coaching talents are out there.  Harbaugh is a really good one, imo.  Not quite a Rams wunderkid kind of guy (and I legit believe Nagy could put himself in that camp) but he's a step below it.

He'd do wonders for the Packers as I'm not a Mike McCarthy fan.  That said, Packers DC is legit.  

6 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

What's funny is there's a Wild/Blackhawks game that night at the UC as well.  I imagine some Minnesotians planned a trip to Chicago for a doubleheader, that kind of puts a dent into that plan.

That is actually the thing that sucks to me most....in football, more than any sport, people tend to plan weekends to go watch their favorite team..whether a Vikings fan heading into see the game or a Bears fan from Socal flying in to see the game, it stinks if you were planning a late night flight out on Sunday and now have to reschedule your flight. 

Yeah - This certainly makes it harder on the Bears. The good thing is they are a young team, which hopefully has a better chance of navigating through those waters healthy. But that is going to be a tough toll on the players.  Lets just hope they play well and crush it (and maintain health).  Its been fun regularly watching the Bears compete.  

I am a dead horse on this...but it is absurd that they don't have 2 bye weeks, given how beat up football players get. Stick one between your Thursday night game and do the other at random.  NFL should do its best to ensure quality TV at all times, while trying to keep players healthy. Having 2 different bye weeks would be huge. Secondarily, it could create more opportunity for continued trade deadline momentum since an extra bye week can potentially give you more time to acclimate a new player into your system/scheme (mid-season).