Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

30 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Special team play need to step up.

That was the only reason anybody thought this game was in doubt (it really wasn't).

Stafford deserves credit for his clutch play today though. I'd have to look at numbers but every time they were in 4th and long he converted with a huge gain. Without him doing that the Bears win by 30+.

Nice all around win with exception of more special teams miscues. Was nice to see Miller and Robinson with big days on offense. Mitch played well...bad man I’d feel better if we could run the football. 

Defense played very well as well. One of the tds shouldn’t have happened since it was the drive should have ended in a fumble. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Nice all around win with exception of more special teams miscues. Was nice to see Miller and Robinson with big days on offense. Mitch played well...bad man I’d feel better if we could run the football. 

Defense played very well as well. One of the tds shouldn’t have happened since it was the drive should have ended in a fumble. 

I totally read your comment wrong, I thought you were saying "I thought Mitch played, well, bad" and I was like "what game did this fool watch?" then I read it correctly.

I gotta say, I think the people who agreed it'd be a good idea to trade Jordan Howard during the offseason were right and I (along with a bunch of other people) was wrong. Save the occasional broken tackle or good discipline to wait for a hole for a long run, he doesn't fit the offense very well and his -2 yard runs ruin the rhythm of drives. It's nice when Trubisky is tossing 20-yard darts and 55-yard bombs or Cohen's running a 75-yard screen, but it doesn't feel the same watching him. Of course maybe I'm completely wrong about this and Adam Shaheen comes in and changes the whole face of the offense.

2 hours ago, lostfan said:

That was the only reason anybody thought this game was in doubt (it really wasn't).

Stafford deserves credit for his clutch play today though. I'd have to look at numbers but every time they were in 4th and long he converted with a huge gain. Without him doing that the Bears win by 30+.

I disagree. It's not hard to convert when you're facing prevent defense as early as the 2nd quarter. He made some nice throws but there's a reason he's 5-47 against teams with winning records. 

Showdown next week v. Minnesota. That game could be a statement game that the Bears can win this division. 

I tell you with the White Sox in rebuild mode, the Blackhawks in meltdown mode, I don't really follow the NBA though I don't dislike it, the Bears are our last short term hope. 

Huge game in prime time next Sunday. I’d say it is the most meaningful football game in Chicago since that game where Conte gave up the TD to the packers late that knocked them out of the playoffs. Hopefully it is just the first of many big games for the Bears under Nagy!!! 

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The Bears are one Kyle Fuller catching a ball thrown right to him, a rare Jordan Howard fumble, a bad INT in the end zone, from being undefeated. Pretty amazing.

This season is probably the most fun I have had watching since the last  Super Bowl team