Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

NFL can NFL though, and the ways this can NFL is if Daniel, still a wildcard, has a meltdown and we don't have the rushing game to pick it up.

translation: we are bears fans and conditioned to expect the worst despite everything

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

translation: we are bears fans and conditioned to expect the worst despite everything

Am I wrong!

I was at the San Diego game in 2011 when Bears moved to 7-3 and then Cutler was out for season and bears finished 8-8. Next year we were 7-1 and missed playoffs at 10-6! 2013 they were in drivers seat at 8-6 and could have clinched beating eagles, they lost by 100 points and then the packers won.

It's not a good record!

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Am I wrong!

I was at the San Diego game in 2011 when Bears moved to 7-3 and then Cutler was out for season and bears finished 8-8. Next year we were 7-1 and missed playoffs at 10-6! 2013 they were in drivers seat at 8-6 and could have clinched beating eagles, they lost by 100 points and then the packers won.

It's not a good record!

Chase Daniel > Caleb Hanie

And I hope Howard and Cohen have some sense of game situation and wouldn't run out of bounds like MB3 did.

25 minutes ago, bmags said:

Am I wrong!

It's not a good record!

I think what all of this proves is that you are never allowed to go to a game ever again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I can't find the Tweet but I read yesterday that it's just maintenance and he has rested it before, not that I remember though.  

As far as Trubisky goes, I think this is similar to the Mack/Robinson injuries last month.  They are playing it on the side of caution against a lighter opponent to make sure he's ready for the stretch run.  If this were the Rams or Packers week, he would be playing.

Well that's good to hear, seeing "achillies" and DNP practice suddenly looked terrifying at first glance.

Like a couple of people have said in the thread already, I do get those terrible losses with backup QBs from past flashbacks but if Daniel stinks it up Sunday after beating the Lions on 3 days rest I'm gonna be real disappointed to be honest. Nagy playcalling and Bears D should nab us this game tho, quiet confidence they will win this one easily.

Edited by TheTruth05

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder) will not play Week 13 against the Giants.

This is despite Trubisky getting in a limited practice on Wednesday. According to Garafolo, Trubisky could play right now, but the Bears want to play it safe. It makes sense with big games against the Rams and Vikings over the final four weeks. Chase Daniel will once again get the start.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Am I wrong!

It's not a good record!

That 2012 team was the most overrated 10-6 team of all time. "The Bears fired Lovie when he went 10-6!" his apologists love to say even to this day. They were a bunch of bumslayers , all 10 of their wins were against shitty-to-mediocre teams and every time they were challenged by another team they'd collapse in a national game.

I don't like the Bears in NY this week with Daniel. Giants have been much better as of late and the Bears offense was putrid with Daniel at the helm, something that was conveniently forgotten thanks to Eddie Jackson and Kyle Fuller. He really had trouble moving the ball down the field save for two drives. Giants are probably good for 17-24 points, even against our defense. I think we'll need a defensive TD to win. 

1 hour ago, joejoedairy said:

Every way?

Barkley and Beckham are pretty good.

I meant more like in team categories.

23rd in yards, 25th in points allowed, 26th rush yards allowed, 18th in pass yards allowed.

22nd points scored, 20th yards, 30th in sacks allowed.

Stuff like that.  They have some good players, but so many holes at almost every position.

13 hours ago, Tony said:

90% of the time when a QB doesn’t practice on Wednesday, they aren’t going. I’ll be shocked if he goes on Sunday.

I usually am a softy on injuries but I think the Bears are babying this and Mitch needs to learn to play through this. That or the Bears have been misleading as to the severity.  

4 hours ago, bmags said:

I think this is true but also a massive gamble. Lions I think are better than the giants, and had a massive advantage in thanksgiving day at home, but backup QBs can throw up some stinkers and the bears really only one because of a pick six last week.

Giants have film on Daniels, its another road game, and Giants are playing hungry.  I don't like not playing Mitch if he is good to play. Now if he has a high reinjury rate, then I get it, but part of playing in the NFL is playing through pain, etc.  

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I actually went through the Bears season that Monday before and had the Bears almost exactly at our record (debating between whether they'd have one more loss or not). Unfortunately from this point forward, I had them spiraling downhill pretty quickly. The next 3 weeks could end up being a disaster.  

I don't see the Bears beating the Rams and games against Vikes and Packers (until we start beating them I'll always say it) are going to be tough.  This game against the Giants is not going to be easy, but if we lose this, we might be looking at a multi-game losing streak coming. I very much hope I am wrong.  

The Giants are a bad team, and it's kind of a cliché to say it, but they can still beat the Bears. They probably won't, but they have some really good players, and they can. The Bears were a bad team last year and they beat the Steelers. These things happen.

38 minutes ago, Tony said:

Jas....you're wrong, lol. Sorry buddy. 

Mitch is a reps QB, he has said it multiple times before, and they aren't going to put him out there without him practicing for two weeks. 

Quite frankly, Nagy hasn't done much to make me question his judgement. If Mitch is healthy and those chose not to play him, and the Giants win, then you can question him all you want. But until then, I'm going to get him the benefit of the doubt that he knows his QB and roster much better than we do. 

I think people are being way too dismissive of this, and it reminds me of the week leading up to the Dolphins game that we lost. Winning on the road is never a given. 

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think people are being way too dismissive of this, and it reminds me of the week leading up to the Dolphins game that we lost. Winning on the road is never a given. 

Nobody was calling the Dolphins game a gimme the week of, that all happened Sunday morning when Tannenhill was suddenly announced out.  Then everyone got a little too cocky because Brock sucks.

Eli sucks too, but I agree no game is a given in the NFL, especially not on the road.  

Ya, the Bears should win, but it's the NFL. Giants, for all their warts, still have a top 5 WR in the NFL, a top 5 RB and Eli is actually playing pretty decent. They've beaten the Texans, played competitively against the Saints, lost close  ones to Carolina, Atlanta, Washington and Philly (last week). They might be 3-8, but they are not that bad. If Mitch really just has a shoulder bruise (meaning it cannot get worse), he needs to be out there.