Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

56 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

I'll weigh in since I'm probably one of a couple Chiefs fans here. First off the Chiefs have generally had success in taking troubled players. They get them later in the draft compared to their actual talent. Recently this has worked more than not. Dontarie Poe, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones to name some. As for Kareem Hunt, when this incident happened in February, the police were called and no arrests were made. He claimed she was saying racial slurs. Probably could be true, might not be. But now there is video evidence which is obviously true. It sucks he's gone, I'm not happy, but I don't blame the organization for that. But the comment about Tyreek Hill isn't completely accurate with KC because he hasn't done anything wrong that we know of while in the NFL.

Why do you compare those 3 guys to Tyreek Hill and use the word "troubled"? Unless Wiki is missing something, none of those guys did anything remotely bad in college.

42 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Why do you compare those 3 guys to Tyreek Hill and use the word "troubled"? Unless Wiki is missing something, none of those guys did anything remotely bad in college.

I believe Kelce had some racist tweets but not sure about the other ones

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think you're thinking of Riley Cooper, from the Eagles. 

I'm thinking of the tweet about being nervous because there was an "Arab" on his flight. I was sure it was Kelce but now I can't find it anywhere online. 

idk if you can condemn him forever. Like even Vick got another shot. Also watching the tape yes he’s acting like a complete moron and shouldn’t be shoving women but the girls on the tape look like drunken fools as well. I’m not saying they were asking for it but they definitely didn’t look innocent. The girl multiple times was getting in people’s face and trying to push. She just got pushed harder. Also she overall probably came out ok. The kick at the end which was totally unnecessary but looked like it barely connected. I mean this is nowhere near as bad as the Ray Rice tape.
Like I honestly think he deserves another shot. And the bears would be great fit and since Howard really doesn’t fit well with the new offense Hunt would be perfect to go with Cohen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WilliamTell said:

I never condoned that. In fact as much as I hate losing him I have to agree with the organization. 

That wasn't meant as a comment about your post, more about the situation.  I didn't take from your post that you condoned his actions.

After watching the tape, while serious, is not bad. I understand KCs position and agree with it. With that said, Hunt needs to pick a better Entourage. No way that girl should've ever able to have gotten that close to him. She was a drunken fool and probably got rich out of the deal while he loses millions.

Security and Entourage are around for you not to have to be in that position.