Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Shit. Shit. On the bright side I won’t have to hear about how Daniel is so much better then Mitch.  I said it in the preseason, he’s okay for a game in the pinch but he is far from a starter. Lots of plays and points left on the field by the bears. 

17 minutes ago, Goober said:

Bears owe these refs steak dinner tonight for sure

The refs missed 3 penalties in their first 5 minutes of the game on NY + a hold on Goldman’s guy on the Giants final drive and the last play was definitely DPI, but whatever.

Edited by soxfan49

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

The refs missed 3 penalties in their first 5 minutes of the game on NY + a hold on Goldman’s guy on the Giants final drive and the last play was definitely DPI, but whatever.

And blew the play dead when Cohen wasn’t touched 

• Like 1

Tough loss considering the great comeback. Bears defense was not good today. Barkley is an incredible football player, but if you want to be a champion you have to make stops. If the Bears make the playoffs this will be considered an incredible season and they are still in line for the playoffs, but games with Rams, Packers, Vikings (on road) none will be easy. Bears could end up 9-7. If they split at home with Rams/GB and win in SF, they are 10-6 and likely in the playoffs. Still work to do. 

11 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Tough loss considering the great comeback. Bears defense was not good today. Barkley is an incredible football player, but if you want to be a champion you have to make stops. If the Bears make the playoffs this will be considered an incredible season and they are still in line for the playoffs, but games with Rams, Packers, Vikings (on road) none will be easy. Bears could end up 9-7. If they split at home with Rams/GB and win in SF, they are 10-6 and likely in the playoffs. Still work to do. 

Exactly. Their tackling remains an issue. The ~20 yard run before halftime and the 29 yard run to start OT could have each went for 2-4 yards had they tackled.

Yep the just before halftime sequences were maddening. Every Bear loss was right there for the taking. Though I guess Detroit could say the same thing about Thanksgiving. Still, proud of the boys so far. Just go 2-2 over final 4 and we are in the tournament. 

45 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Shit. Shit. On the bright side I won’t have to hear about how Daniel is so much better then Mitch.  I said it in the preseason, he’s okay for a game in the pinch but he is far from a starter. Lots of plays and points left on the field by the bears. 

Who the heck says Daniel is better? Last quarterback beside McMahon who was this much fun to watch was Bobby Douglas  and he couldn't pass at all. Was like a linebacker being QB . He threw the ball so hard receivers couldn't catch it and most of the time was just not very accurate.

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Who the heck says Daniel is better? Last quarterback beside McMahon who was this much fun to watch was Bobby Douglas  and he couldn't pass at all. Was like a linebacker being QB . He threw the ball so hard receivers couldn't catch it and most of the time was just not very accurate.

Jason La Canfora

By starting Daniel over a (reportedly) healthy Trubisky, the Bears pretty much were signaling that they were fine losing that game. I warned earlier in the week that it was a bad move but most were underrating the Giants. Now the Bears have very little room for error. 

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

By starting Daniel over a (reportedly) healthy Trubisky, the Bears pretty much were signaling that they were fine losing that game. I warned earlier in the week that it was a bad move but most were underrating the Giants. Now the Bears have very little room for error. 

Are we sure Mitch is healthy?

57 minutes ago, Tony said:

Mike McCarthy out.

Is that a bad thing for the Bears? God forbid Rodgers teams up with a fresh offensive mind.

55 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Saved by a horrible NFC North day.

Since this is a baseball board, NFC North magic number down to 3.