Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

The Bears have won 9 games and just dominated the best team in football, and you haven’t been able to enjoy any of it. Think about that for a second. 

I have high standards. Teams have to pass the eye test. Style points matter. To me, a team has to look the part. The Bears are inconsistent. I don't know how you dominate the Rams and look like absolute horseshit vs. the Dolphins and Giants. If you're going to lose, you have to lose gracefully and with style.

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.

I wouldn't either. To be the best you have to beat the best, and the best is Brady/Bellichick until Brady hangs up the cleats or completely loses it. I despise the guy, but I can't deny that he's the best to this day. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

I don’t believe you, but OK. 

I've long said I think the Saints are the most complete team in the NFL (their hiccup against the Cowboys does not change that) and they have a huge advantage playing in that dome. Hell to be honest, I'd still take the Chiefs over them too.

Edited by SoxAce

7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have high standards. Teams have to pass the eye test. Style points matter. To me, a team has to look the part. The Bears are inconsistent. I don't know how you dominate the Rams and look like absolute horseshit vs. the Dolphins and Giants. If you're going to lose, you have to lose gracefully and with style.

They just shut down the best team in football.  GMAB.

Swap trubisky for Mahomes and the bears are super bowl favorites at this point.

As it is, if trubisky can get back to where he was playing right before the shoulder injury, they have a very good chance at a deep run this year. Having to win at either NO or LA is a tall order for any team, but this defense is insane.

The Bears probably are the only team in the NFL where you could make a case they could or should be undefeated. All of their losses easily could have been wins. Sure a couple of their wins could have been losses, but even the Saints and Rams played games they really had no business winning. 

8 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

"The Bears suck until they don't" slowly turned into "The Bears suck unless they win the Super Bowl." Stay hot, pal.

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Anyone want to say that the Rams lost gracefully or with style last night? They got their asses handed to them.

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Didn't they fight back in both of those games? The defense made timely plays and the offense marched down the field to score TD's when they needed to. How were those loses not "graceful and with style?"

You seem like the type of fan that would still complain about the team not being that good even after winning a championship. Just enjoy the ride! It's been 6 years since they've had an above .500 season. Eight years since the playoffs. 

Edited by Jenksismyhero

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

The thing that irritates me is that this offense is missing what Kevin White was drafted to be. His supposed skill set is what they lack. 

The special teams are still a soft spot as well.

How does this defense compare to the 85 Bears.  They really have no weak spots. 

it is unfair to compare almost any defense to perhaps the most dominant single unit in NFL history. 

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

The thing that irritates me is that this offense is missing what Kevin White was drafted to be. His supposed skill set is what they lack. 

The special teams are still a soft spot as well.

How does this defense compare to the 85 Bears.  They really have no weak spots. 

What?  Thats Allen Robinson, dude.