Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

I will also say well done to Mitch. I thought he played a real clean game. Too bad we got too cute on a couple 3rd or 4th and shorts or they could have had a few more scores maybe. We should have kept feeding Howard. They kind of messed with the role he had going...but nice defensive performance and a solid offensive performance. 

Mitchell was outstanding today. While Nagy had a couple bonehead decisions we all know about, I thought his offensive game plan overall was great,, put Mitchell in a position to succeed, kept it simple.

44 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

So I have a question about the clock at the end of the game.

Floyd sacks Rodgers with 15 seconds to go, but there's an offensive penalty. Clock stops, but there is no runoff and the clock doesn't start running again once the ball is set.

That can't be correct, right? Otherwise an offensive penalty would give you a free timeout.

I was confused with that clock situation as well. 

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

And taking a guard at 6 was 100% the right choice too

Yup. Should've been trying to protect their franchise QB, but they finally got it right. Oh and thanks for beating Dallas. Their fans are insufferable from Skip Bayless on down. 

The Bears are back, baby, and the future looks bright. We got the QB. We got the front office not afraid to make a move. We got a head coach. You read it here first: Bears over Chiefs in Super Bowl, yes this year's Super Bowl.

44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bears clinch the North and Parkman is strangely silent.  Hmmm...

Parkman didn't watch the game because he went ice fishing. 

Everyone watching the game=nobody on the ice. 

Happy to hear the Bears won and Mitch played well. 

I hope they take advantage of this situation because they've been fairly healthy this year and there is no guarantee that happens next year. 

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

I wish I could go back to week 1 and tell everyone they are overreacting and to stop freaking the fuck out. There were a lot of people doing that (specifically with regards to Trubisky).

I don’t trust anyone that has a rational opinion in the first 8 hours after a 20 point meltdown.

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

This has honestly become a parody account. 

Dude, if you know anything about ice fishing, days where there is safe ic AND the temperature is 40+F with no wind are incredibly rare. You go ice fishing on those days, no matter what else is going on. 

If this was a playoff game or the Super Bowl it would have been a much tougher decision. 

In fact I was so confident they'd win that I didn't need to watch. 😃

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don’t trust anyone that has a rational opinion in the first 8 hours after a 20 point meltdown.

"Same old Bears," "Trubisky is a bust," "They traded for Mack and their first round picks are gone so now they’re stuck," "This team will never amount to anything with the McCaskeys in charge," etc. etc. etc. just obnoxious and useless. It's always the same people that do it too.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

😂

Had nothing to do with the ice fishing comment. It was a beautiful day today. 

I meant your last line. The Bears have continued to defy your awful predictions all season. The day they win the North, your comment is “Good thing they’ve been healthy, probably won’t happen next year” 

They really stepped it up vs NE even though they lost and aside from the Giants game they have been awesome since. It was hard to see them as a playoff team when they were 3-3. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

😂

Had nothing to do with the ice fishing comment. It was a beautiful day today. 

I meant your last line. The Bears have continued to defy your awful predictions all season. The day they win the North, your comment is “Good thing they’ve been healthy, probably won’t happen next year” 

I didn't mean it in that way. I meant that next season is a huge unknown with regard to health. It was more of a "you never know, so go win it now" thing.  so I hope to god they can go into LA and NO and beat both of those teams. I have confidence they'll win the WC round. 

Bears are the only team left that hasn't won a championship in my lifetime, I'd love nothing more to have seen them all do so. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I didn't mean it in that way. I meant that next season is a huge unknown with regard to health. You never know what it will bring is was my thoughts so I hope to god they can go into LA and NO and beat both of those teams. I have confidence they'll win the WC round. 

I mean that's fair. People tend to talk about individual seasons of NFL teams like they're chapters in a book but it doesn't work like that. Things are different within the same seasons. December almost never looks like September.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

While you are correct, can I give you some advice? (Not trying to be a dick)

If you really are a fan, don’t worry about that right now. The Bears won the North for the first time since 2010. They just beat the Packers to do it. Enjoy it. Not everything has to mean 19 other things. Just enjoy it. You’ll be better off.

I've decided to take some advice from my my therapist, Dr. Mackey

image.jpeg

M'kay? 

I've come to the conclusion to be more rational about things instead of an insufferable negative lout. 

I'm done with that stuff. It does nobody, including myself, any good. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1