Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I've decided to take some advice from my my therapist, Dr. Mackey

image.jpeg

M'kay? 

I've come to the conclusion to be more rational about things instead of an insufferable negative lout. 

I'm done with that stuff. It does nobody, including myself, any good. 

Good stuff Jack.  You’re a really sharp guy and that will stand out if you can control the pessimism and be a bit more rational.

7 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I really wish the Chiefs would've beat them a couple of weeks ago. Bears would've had a great shot at that second bye (we own the tie breaker against them).

I think the Bears will be fine going to LA or even the Superdome ( i know, loud/scary/tough) but man would it have been nice right now to have won that Giants game and be at least the #2 seed with a Saints loss away from being the #1 seed. The playoffs coming through Chicago in that January cold against this defense....

Edited by TheTruth05

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

I think the Bears will be fine going to LA or even the Superdome ( i know, loud/scary/tough) but man would it have been nice right now to have won that Giants game and be at least the #2 seed with a Saints loss away from being the #1 seed. The playoffs coming through Chicago in that January cold against this defense....

I don’t think any team will be able to beat the saints in the dome unfortunately. They have a great path to a Super Bowl with HFA this year

The Bears won brought the high school emotions out of me. At the gym this morning I was getting irrationally angry at ESPN for showing like a 15 minute highlight package of pats/Steelers instead of leading with bears packers. More like eagles Steelers Pats network amirite

Differences in last week's game from the Week 1 collapse:

-Trubisky knows the offense MUCH better than he did to start the season, and Nagy knows his personnel better

-Trubisky was also able to study Pettine's blitzes and didn't look lost when Pettine threw everything he had at him

-Mack is better integrated into the defense and Floyd is having an impact in the pass rush now where he wasn't before

-Roquan is a far better player than Kwiatkoski so there was no exploiting the middle because Roquan was everywhere

Edited by lostfan

14 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Differences in last week's game from the Week 1 collapse:

-Trubisky knows the offense MUCH better than he did to start the season, and Nagy knows his personnel better

-Trubisky was also able to study Pettine's blitzes and didn't look lost when Pettine threw everything he had at him

-Mack is better integrated into the defense and Floyd is having an impact in the pass rush now where he wasn't before

-Roquan is a far better player than Kwiatkoski so there was no exploiting the middle because Roquan was everywhere

And there was a different player dressed in the GB #12 jersey.  He was off but looked really disinterested too.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m not selling Bears short that is just a uniquely good home field. If it was neutral field I’d still take bears.

If Trubisky plays like he did yesterday there might not be a team in the NFL that can beat the Bears, no matter the location. Not saying it'd be easy, Superdome probably the best HFA in football but not sure that's enough from keeping Brees on his toes on all night with constant pressure like the Dallas game.

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’m not selling Bears short that is just a uniquely good home field. If it was neutral field I’d still take bears.

Interesting fact about Brees, the Bears are the only team in like 3-4 years to hold Brees without a touchdown in the Superdome, when they did it last season 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Interesting fact about Brees, the Bears are the only team in like 3-4 years to hold Brees without a touchdown in the Superdome, when they did it last season 

They almost won that game last year. That terrible call overturning Miller's TD ended up giving that game to the Saints.

34 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This is one where I'm going to say future seasons depend hugely on Trubisky taking the next step forward into the range where we see Goff right now. That defense this year has been spectacular, but there's some things that are unlikely to repeat themselves - they've been generally healthy, which we all know is a coin flip year to year, and they're so dominant on turnovers this year and even if you coach that well, you can't count on being the top of the league in that every year. Take a look at Jacksonville - their defense is giving up only a handful more points than last year, it's still good, it's just not at the top of the league, and they needed their offense to take a step forward to make up for it. 

21 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I really wish the Chiefs would've beat them a couple of weeks ago. Bears would've had a great shot at that second bye (we own the tie breaker against them).

If they would have beaten the giants, the same would apply.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I think that turf in LA will hurt the Bears. The Steelers lost because their speed guys couldn't cut and the kicker literally plated his foot and looked like Charlie Brown. It will caise issues for the Nagy offense.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

If Jackson would have just taken a knee in the end zone".......

Hoefully he will be OK for the playoffs.

He should be. Wear a boot and miss the next 2 weeks if it's a moderate sprain.