Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Panthers lose because Cam cant throw the ball 5 yards. Zero chance the Saints lose 2 straight at home, so Bears will likely have to go through NOLA.

That game was a stinker, both defenses played good but Carolina's offense is awful. Cam looks like a shell of himself right now and Norv Turner sucks. Gonna make it all the better when Bears go into the Superdome and whoop the Saints :) 

2 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Panthers lose because Cam cant throw the ball 5 yards. Zero chance the Saints lose 2 straight at home, so Bears will likely have to go through NOLA.

Posts like these that are on its face bad news for Bears actually make my heart warm.

Even when thinking about wild card trouble with cowboys and seahawks resurgence, excluding this weeks stinkers, it’s like “oh we are going to face a team that’s offense relies on running the ball, good luck with that”

25 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Saints look very beatable

I'm concerned with how well their defense is playing.  If they can shut down Mitchell, then the Bears D would need another Rams like shutdown performance.  Which all means that if they do play, it will be a 38-35 shootout, cause sports.

48 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I'm concerned with how well their defense is playing.  If they can shut down Mitchell, then the Bears D would need another Rams like shutdown performance.  Which all means that if they do play, it will be a 38-35 shootout, cause sports.

Oh yeah I think the Bears need a Rams-like performance to beat either the Saints or Rams no matter what. I don't see the offense carrying them at that level.

2 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Oh yeah I think the Bears need a Rams-like performance to beat either the Saints or Rams no matter what. I don't see the offense carrying them at that level.

Their offense wouldn't need to carry them as much as it would need to "Score in the 20s to give them a chance". If the Bears D gives up 30+ fine, then the Rams/Saints offense has just done its job and they won the big matchup. The Bears offense just needs to perform well enough.

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Their offense wouldn't need to carry them as much as it would need to "Score in the 20s to give them a chance". If the Bears D gives up 30+ fine, then the Rams/Saints offense has just done its job and they won the big matchup. The Bears offense just needs to perform well enough.

This is closer to what I meant than an actual Rams-like performance of holding them to 6 points or less. If the Bears can keep either team under 20, they should be able to beat them. They won't win a shootout because Mitch and to some extent Nagy just aren't there yet imo. Good-enough play and good offensive play-calling with excellent D is the formula for this year. 

Disclaimer: I really don't think this is an overly negative post

I'm really interested to see how Nagy and Fangio call the playoff game because they both have a tendency to get really conservative with a lead. You can't do that in the playoffs. Hopefully Nagy learned that last year.