Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

They played like garbage in the first half but Mitch showed a lot in the 2nd half. That shouldn’t really be the narrative this offseason, at least I hope it’s not. 

Dude's balls literally dropped. He was fantastic that half. Did what Brady and alot of QBs are praised in doing. Lead us down the field. Unfortunately we don't have a Vinatieri or gasp... Gould to seal the deal.

• Like 2

Just now, Tony said:

It’s because of the awful guaranteed money they gave him. That’s how they justify it.

But I don’t think Chicago fans will let Parkey come back honestly. Just can’t do it at this point. 

If the Bears are worried about guaranteed money to a kicker in a year they were a game away from a playoff bye then they deserve to lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Dude's balls literally dropped. He was fantastic that half. Did what Brady and alot of QBs are praised in doing. Lead us down the field. Unfortunately we don't have a Vinatieri or gasp... Gould to seal the deal.

Nagy also screwed up by using his time out instead of a spike on 1st down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Agreed. He was played very well in second half. 

Between next years schedule and our very good year with Health that probably won’t be replicated I have a hard time thinking about how great next year can be. 12/23 kicks, idc how much he’s guaranteed he’s gotta go

The horrible thing is that there is no way in hell they're this healthy next year. It just doesn't happen. You have to win Super Bowls when you're as healthy as the Bears were this year. 

Hopefully Mitch continues to develop. Sadly, the media will be blaming him for the Bears losing when he didn't commit any turnovers. Mitch did everything he could in the 2nd half to help the Bears win that game. Mitch severely outplayed Watson and Jackson this weekend, but yet the national media thinks Mitch sucks and those two are great....

1 minute ago, Tony said:

There have been some really bad takes from both local and national guys, but I really hope that isn’t the case. 

Plus Parkey was just so obviously a clown and blew the game on such a big stage, I don’t think Parkey will get a ton of stuff thrown at him. 

Horrible. Mitch is just as talented as Mahomes. The thing that Mahomes has over Mitch is game experience. I could totally see Mitch have a 45+ TD season 2-3 years from now, and keep it up.