Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

3 minutes ago, lostfan said:

That's a fair take. I think Robinson is a solid option though. Hopefully Miller takes that next stop next season, the learning curve for WRs is steep.

Yep and I mentioned above Miller deserves the benefit of the doubt. But outside of a freaking kicker, I think this is one of our biggest need (advantage of being a well rounded team), so I would look for one in FA if we have the cap space.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

Yep and I mentioned above Miller deserves the benefit of the doubt. But outside of a freaking kicker, I think this is one of our biggest need (advantage of being a well rounded team), so I would look for one in FA if we have the cap space.

As an aside:  How freaking crazy is it that we are saying the Bears have no major needs?  This entire draft (even without the first couple of picks) is depth.  I'm pleased.

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

You're not getting a receiver better than Robinson in FA. Unless you want to give up more 1st round picks for Antonio Brown, there just isn't one out there. 

I think Robinson is somewhere in the 8-15 range league wide, so guys better just don't become available. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Not this Alshon. The Alshon from 13-15 was one of the best deep threats in the league.

Robinson in the 2nd half of the season was the same guy. 

If you don't get that the guy was coming off an ACL, I can't help you. 

He had a season with 1400 yards and 14 TD with Blake fucking Bortles as his QB. If that doesn't show how talented he is, I can't help you there either. 

Robinson is really, really good. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

You're not getting a receiver better than Robinson in FA. Unless you want to give up more 1st round picks for Antonio Brown, there just isn't one out there. 

I think Robinson is somewhere in the 8-15 range league wide, so guys better just don't become available. 

They don't need a WR better than Robinson, they need a speedy guy who can reliably run vertical routes. Taylor Gabriel is just ok. Much as I hated Johnny "Caused Half Of Cutler's Fucking Interceptions" Knox, he would fit perfectly in this offense right now.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Let’s leave the rankings aside as we’re not talking about starting rotations in baseball. The Bears need a reliable deep threat to keep defense honest, it’s hard to argue against that.

3 minutes ago, lostfan said:

They don't need a WR better than Robinson, they need a speedy guy who can reliably run vertical routes. Taylor Gabriel is just ok. Much as I hated Johnny "Caused Half Of Cutler's Fucking Interceptions" Knox, he would fit perfectly in this offense right now.

Gabriel could beat you with his speed, but the fact that he couldn’t win jump balls with his size limits his effectiveness as a reliable deep threat.

• Like 1

Now that we know the Cody Parkey FG was actually blocked, it makes it a lot less exciting.

Now I have to face the reality that my two teams will face off next week. Rams are the better team, but the Cowboys are 3-0 vs the Eagles/Saints this season. Soooooo, no idea what I am rooting for, other than healthy players and I guess a blowout victory for one of those two teams?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lostfan said:

7 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Let’s leave the rankings aside as we’re not talking about starting rotations in baseball. The Bears need a reliable deep threat to keep defense honest, it’s hard to argue against that.

Nope, no argument there. This season, Robinson wasn't that guy until very late in the season. Having another guy who can take the top off of a defense that isn't a smurf would help this offense a ton.

I disagree that the Bears don't have any needs, as Howard obviously doesn't fit in Nagy's offense and they need someone who fits better. They need a bellcow back who also fits what Nagy wants to do. (See: Catch the ball out of the backfield) Not to say they should trade Howard, but they should look for his replacement in the draft and let Howard walk at the end of the 2019-20 season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

14 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Robinson in the 2nd half of the season was the same guy. 

If you don't get that the guy was coming off an ACL, I can't help you. 

He had a season with 1400 yards and 14 TD with Blake fucking Bortles as his QB. If that doesn't show how talented he is, I can't help you. 

Robinson is really, really good. 

Again, read reports of how he was used in that offense. You are just throwing out numbers without looking at context and also the need of this team.

And also really try hard to think about why we were shut down on offense in the first half. While you’re at it, also look at how this team faired in deep pass attempts and efficiencies this season. Then you could justify what  the bigger need is for this team.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

For those who were wondering, this was the clown car of kickers that were available if Pace were to have cut Parkey.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/ContentGallery/Available-NFL-kickers-Bears-can-replace-Cody-Parkey-124598527/

I’m disappointed in the loss, but I am also getting tired of the constant calls for Robbie Gould that I see from Bears fans. He’s a free agent that could come back, but maybe he likes sticking it to Pace and doesn’t want to come back. Who knows? Hub Arkush said it wasn’t a cost cutting move on its own, Gould was released due to poor performance and differences with John Fox.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Just quickly scrolling through the FA list, Tyrell Williams would be someone I would love to bring in.

18 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Yes he would. 

19 minutes ago, lostfan said:

This is 100% right. We have nobody that can take the top off a defense.

40 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

I'm using a superior, situational stat to tell you you're wrong. 

Thank you for admitting you are simply picking out one stat that "shows" your argument when literally nothing else does so. And this is after saying that one stat doesn't tell the picture. Tells me all I need to know.

Moving on....

1 minute ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Thank you for admitting you are simply picking out one stat that "shows" your argument when literally nothing else does so. And this is after saying that one stat doesn't tell the picture. Tells me all I need to know.

Moving on....

Whatever you say, Skip Bayless

Oh wait, I just insulted Skip Bayless.  

Trubisky is as good or better than Watson.  Period.

Edited by AustinIllini