Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Now that most of the really good defenses are out of the playoffs.  Bears, Ravens and Texans.  Let's get some high scoring crazy games going.

Saints, Rams, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts.  I want some 48-42 type games.

3 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Now that most of the really good defenses are out of the playoffs.  Bears, Ravens and Texans.  Let's get some high scoring crazy games going.

Saints, Rams, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts.  I want some 48-42 type games.

Chargers D is actually fairly good.  Chargers only allowed 13 more points this year than Houston.

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Aside from the kick, I'm still wondering where Khalil Mack was.

As a Raiders fan, at least it gives me comfort that the Bears had the same result as the Raiders playoff push in 2016 with Mack. A first-round exit and Mack not showing up in a critical game. At least we're not on the hook for that insane contract.

Just now, SoxFanForever said:

Chargers D is actually fairly good.  Chargers only allowed 13 more points this year than Houston.

Dallas has a pretty good D as well, but those teams will be on the road and there is a chance for some shoot outs.

22 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

As a Raiders fan, at least it gives me comfort that the Bears had the same result as the Raiders playoff push in 2016 with Mack. A first-round exit and Mack not showing up in a critical game. At least we're not on the hook for that insane contract.

While it's disappointing he didn't show up much last night, that insane contract is one of the biggest reasons the Bears won the division.  So I'm happy to be on the hook right now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Do kicks that defensive players get their hand on and redirect the ball not count as blocks? I agree though, he sucks because he should kicked it so hard that he blasted Hester's finger off without the ball changing course. He only made all 3 "untipped" kicks that game.

Or, you know, maybe a playoff offense scoring only 6 points against an average defense deserves some blame too?

Simple concept to just blame the kicker who had nothing to do with the loss though. Makes sense.

Yes, he wasn’t the sole reason the Bears lost. But....he was the deciding and final factor in determining whether they won or lost. He deserves all the criticism coming his way, regardless of the tipped football. It may have missed, hit the right upright, or yes — even went right down the middle as the previous kick did. Parkey hasn’t earned that benefit of doubt though, and because of it he has entered Chicago sports infamy. Next playoff game (hopefully next year) we win this will all be a hilarious footnote

Parkey missed too many kicks throughout the season.  He simply is not good at his job and that is why he should be blamed and needs to be replaced. 

Without two high draft picks, the Bears should have some space especially with White coming off the books. 

The defense was good yesterday and the late punt was what cost them at the end.  I think they really missed Eddie Jackson.  Both O'Donnell and the defense get the benefit of the doubt although having 12 on the field and 10 on the field for a play is pretty bush league. 

Trubisky was good at the end and there are definitely signs that the arrow is going up there. 

The cuteness of the 2 pt conversions and those inside shovel passes annoy the hell out of me.

Nagy was great as a first year coach and lets hope he gets better next year.  

How the special teams coach gets a look at a head coaching shot is odd to me as I thought the Bears special teams outside of Parkey were still pretty bad.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Parkey missed too many kicks throughout the season.  He simply is not good at his job and that is why he should be blamed and needs to be replaced. 

Without two high draft picks, the Bears should have some space especially with White coming off the books. 

The defense was good yesterday and the late punt was what cost them at the end.  I think they really missed Eddie Jackson.  Both O'Donnell and the defense get the benefit of the doubt although having 12 on the field and 10 on the field for a play is pretty bush league. 

Trubisky was good at the end and there are definitely signs that the arrow is going up there. 

The cuteness of the 2 pt conversions and those inside shovel passes annoy the hell out of me.

How the special teams coach gets a look at a head coaching shot is odd to me as I thought the Bears special teams outside of Parkey were still pretty bad.

Didn't Cohen make the pro bowl as a special teamer?

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

This is going to be the challenge for Pace coming up.  With only 4 draft picks and not starting until the end of the third round.  They will probably have limited cap space this off season as well.

The starting team is in place, but how does he add depth.

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

The starting team is in place, but how does he add depth.

If I were a betting man, the Bears will have less wins next year than this year and bounce back in 2020.  Getting a first place schedule and just a few draft picks should hurt them a bit.  They were pretty healthy this year too which can easily change next year.

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

There are some weird takes in this thread.  Putting blame on  Parkey is lazy?  How?  Having Mack signed to a long term contract is a bad thing?  How?

I know I'm not the only one that blames the patriots for putting themselves in the position so often where their kicker has to bail them out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

There are some weird takes in this thread.  Putting blame on  Parkey is lazy?  How?  Having Mack signed to a long term contract is a bad thing?  How?

I mean, if my team were as bad as current Raiders, I wouldn't want that contract either.  That's really the only argument.