Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

18 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I love Vic as a DC but as a HC this screams Dick LaBeau.  

Also any coach in their right mind takes the Bears DC job and they get a HC job in a year or two if the Bears D stays healthy. 

I wouldn't count on this.  Hiring a defensive minded head coach is going against the grain in this offensive driven NFL.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

This could be the thing that hurts the Bears the most for next year.

I know Ill be in the minority, but I think with the Bears talent on Defense they can find a bunch of good options for DC.

I personally didnt like the how he called the game yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

I think the Bears will have about $20M to sign their draft picks and fee agents next year the only notable free agents are Massie, Amos and Callahan. 

Looks like a rather quiet off season for the Bears.  Only news will be Fangio.

I love Amos, but to me the priority is: Callahan and Massie. 

58 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's gone. 

I still say no. Allbright says the favorite is Pagano in Denver.

3 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

This is going to be the challenge for Pace coming up.  With only 4 draft picks and not starting until the end of the third round.  They will probably have limited cap space this off season as well.

The starting team is in place, but how does he add depth.

The good news is that the Bears needs are CB, OLB, G, RT, SS and RB, which are usually positions drafted in the mid rounds (besides CB). Also good news is that Pace has done an unreal job of finding depth, good or even great players in the mid to late rounds (Amos, Nichols, Howard, Jackson, Cohen) to UDFA's (Tolliver, Callahan). More good news is that even if they lose Callahan and/or Amos, they'll start getting comp picks which is something they haven't gotten in YEARS. Hopefully those Pace trends continue.

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I know Ill be in the minority, but I think with the Bears talent on Defense they can find a bunch of good options for DC.

I agree  with yesterday's game. But overall he's been good. Having to learn a new defensive scheme while the offense continues to grow would be the issue.

33 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I still say no. Allbright says the favorite is Pagano in Denver.

The good news is that the Bears needs are CB, OLB, G, RT, SS and RB, which are usually positions drafted in the mid rounds (besides CB). Also good news is that Pace has done an unreal job of finding depth, good or even great players in the mid to late rounds (Amos, Nichols, Howard, Jackson, Cohen) to UDFA's (Tolliver, Callahan). More good news is that even if they lose Callahan and/or Amos, they'll start getting comp picks which is something they haven't gotten in YEARS. Hopefully those Pace trends continue.

Yeah, the comp picks are nice.  Plus you can trade them now. 

Little bit different to see the Bears getting comp picks and the Packers signing free agents.

10 hours ago, BigSqwert said:

If I were a betting man, the Bears will have less wins next year than this year and bounce back in 2020.  Getting a first place schedule and just a few draft picks should hurt them a bit.  They were pretty healthy this year too which can easily change next year.

Definitely factual. Plus NFC north should have bounce back from Vikings and Packers. Both are better teams than their records indicated. Tough schedule combined with likely more injuries will certainly play a factor. On flip side they could see more development from existing young players. 

NFL has too much parody that you can’t pencil in playoffs year in year out unless you play in typical garbage divisions (see Patriots and to some extent Texans in recent years). 

6 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

They will be able to get a great DC candidate if Vic goes. Ideally I keep him though. Everyone works together well. Look out for Ed Donatel getting a potential promotion to DC somewhere. 

52 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Dave Ragone may be moving on as well.

Is that official?  Or more speculation? I definitely could see it, but I hope he sticks around for another year or so.  I would think Helfrich could be at risk, potentially.  

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Is that official?  Or more speculation? I definitely could see it, but I hope he sticks around for another year or so.  I would think Helfrich could be at risk, potentially.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Dave-Ragone-Titans-offensive-coordinator-darkhorse-127482672/

It seems like speculation.

11 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

What’s your early opinion on the LaFleur hiring @GoSox05? Personally I think it’s a decent hire, I’m all in favor of hiring an Offensive first coach and get a good DC instead of the inverse. 

Yeah, I like it.  I really wanted McDaniels, but I understand the problems with that. 

LaFleur is getting tied to McVay a lot, but he has actually spent more time with Kyle Shanahan.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I don't know if anyone saw this video yet.....

But that's the bedroom door of a girl I had a summer fling with back in college. That is her current boyfriend. She just sent me a snap of them picking out a new door today. 😂 I sincerely can't stop laughing. 😂

What passes for humor nowadays.  Can I have those 20 seconds of my life back?