Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

They will be able to get a great DC candidate if Vic goes. Ideally I keep him though. Everyone works together well. Look out for Ed Donatel getting a potential promotion to DC somewhere. 

Todd Bowles would be my top choice

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Sounds like Munchak to Denver

I don't see that anywhere. PFT said that he believes Fangio is the favorite.

8 hours ago, Tony said:

Helfrich is so interesting. Does anyone know what his job duties are? With Nagy calling the plays...what does he do with the Bears?

Gives Nagy ideas on spread formations from Oregon and that's likely it.

10 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Todd Bowles would be my top choice

I know him and Nagy are close so it makes sense if Fangio does move on.

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I don't see that anywhere. PFT said that he believes Fangio is the favorite.

Gives Nagy ideas on spread formations from Oregon and that's likely it.

I know him and Nagy are close so it makes sense if Fangio does move on.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/1/8/18172509/steelers-news-mike-munchak-now-considered-the-front-runner-for-broncos-coaching-job-nfl-rumors

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This Saturday Goose Island on Fulton is setting up a goal post. If you can kick a 43 yd. FG you can win free beer for a year.

Having to drink Goose Island beer for a whole year sounds more like punishment to me.  Maybe that's why Parkey missed!

9 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

If Lafleur and Kingsbury do well.  There might not be many defensive minded head coaches hired for a few years.

Kingsbury will be interesting because he obviously has the offensive prowess, but failed at the head coaching part of the job in Lubbock.

He was pretty much on par with every other coach at Texas Tech.  Only Mike Leach had real success there.

His passing offense has a chance to be really exciting, but Arizona better fix that O-Line or it's going to be a mess.

Edited by GoSox05

I like the hire. If the last few years should have taught the nfl anything its that whatever it's CW on what makes a successful head coach is clearly wrong. Some guys are going to fail big, but complaining about guys coming from unconventional backgrounds falls hollow to me after seeing the performance of recent coaches in the modern nfl.

And maybe it's even the structure of what it means to be a HC changes.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Arians and Bowles about to try and figure out famous Jameis

Not sure Bowles is going to be assisting in fixing Winston being that he's a DC, but hopefully he waits to hire Bowles because if Fangio leaves, Bowles is an obvious replacement.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Not sure Bowles is going to be assisting in fixing Winston being that he's a DC, but hopefully he waits to hire Bowles because if Fangio leaves, Bowles is an obvious replacement.

I wasn't being serious about them both trying to figure him out as much as saying that they were both going to Tampa.  But thanks for the correction