Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

13 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

McCarthy must be feeling kinda dumb right now 

I bet he is going to enjoy his paid year off. 

I also think it will be good for him to take a year off and work on some things.  It did wonders for Andy Reid.   McCarthy will have his pick of teams next year as well and that could include the Steelers which is his home town team.

3 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I also think it will be good for him to take a year off and work on some things.  It did wonders for Andy Reid.   McCarthy will have his pick of teams next year as well and that could include the Steelers which is his home town team.

This is true, also if the rumor is true the Jets FO wants to have a strong say in the HC staff then that job is alot less appealing.

On another note, Cody Parkey is gonna do an interview tomorrow on the Today Show, probably to talk about how he will rise from this fall like a true hero 🙄

13 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

McCarthy's time in the NFL can't be considered anything other than a success but I do think it's a legitimate question how much of that was just having Rodgers on the roster. This is the specific reason I never liked John Fox.

13 hours ago, bmags said:

I'm pretty annoyed with this Parkey crap. They are trying to shoehorn the reality into the story into the a morning news "get back up on that horse" treatment.

I feel like there's a middle ground between "he was inadequate all year and predictably fell short at a critical point like we all feared" and "yo death threats because a kicker missed a field goal is way too much" and people are trying to push the pendulum back towards "he wasn't that bad and nothing is his fault."

7 hours ago, Tony said:

I don’t know who told him this was a good idea, but it’s not. I can’t image that goes over well with the Bears and/or his teammates. 

I didn't even think about the aspect with this teammates, but I don't know if it matters, because there was never a chance of him being on the roster in August IMO.

People are acting like he's the first kicker to ever blow a playoff game.  Just like two years ago Blair Walsh missed a chip shot, like a 27 yarder when the fans were sitting in literal negative temperatures for 3 hours.  Where was his Today show appearance?

11 hours ago, lostfan said:

McCarthy's time in the NFL can't be considered anything other than a success but I do think it's a legitimate question how much of that was just having Rodgers on the roster. This is the specific reason I never liked John Fox.

It's hard to tell, but I think he is a really good coach and would be surprised if he didn't have success when he comes back. 

Sure, having Aaron Rodgers helps, but McCarthy played a large part in developing Aaron Rodgers.  He was a really big reason Brett Favre had an extra 4 years of really good play at the end of his career.  

25 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Would he mesh well with Matt Nagy’s Bears? Does he run a 3-4?

3-4 really doesn't matter. The bears played 4 down in nickel or dime over 50% of the time this year (I think the number was close to 60% but I don't remember exactly.)

• Like 1