Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sorry guys I don't know what was going through my head . I meant the Patriots home record was outstanding. For some reason I had it in my head backwards.

So much for that mad respect right ? lol

Still mad respect.  Not knowing the road record of a team you don't really care for is irrelevant.

34 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Still mad respect.  Not knowing the road record of a team you don't really care for is irrelevant.

Thanks but posting without checking is pretty stupid and I usually do that. I know I was just watching the game and heard Patriots home record and thought they said something bad about the chargers road record but I should have checked instead of trying to rely on memory. Mea culpa.

I know people hate him because of the thing with the Colts last year, but that game yesterday is why Josh McDaniels is still wanted by teams and will be a head coach one day.  Great game plan against a pretty good defense, the Chargers could not adjust and got sliced up. 

Chargers were 8th in points and 9th in yards and the Patriots dropped 40 points and 500 yards on them like it was nothing.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:13 PM, AustinIllini said:

It's pretty basic physics.  Any small tip at the point of contact causes a large affect towards the end of the ball's trajectory.  The ball hit the upright.  I'm not saying it would have been perfect but it would likely have been a good field goal.

Ex-Eagle Parkey blows the game for the Bears.

Ex-Bear Jeffrey blows the game for the Eagles. 

Seems fitting. 

While everyone is on the Bears need a RB train, I think and have always thought that TJ Yeldon could be a Thomas Jones-type pickup for the Bears. He shouldn't be all that expensive, and his skill set seems to fit Nagy's offense like a glove. He'll be 25 in week 1 2019. The guy seemed to be misused in  Jacksonville before they picked Fournette to replace him. I jumped for joy when I heard Eric Edholm say this on the Score yesterday, because I have thought this since Nagy was hired in January and there were questions about Howard's fit in Nagy's offense. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

While everyone is on the Bears need a RB train, I think and have always thought that TJ Yeldon could be a Thomas Jones-type pickup for the Bears. He shouldn't be all that expensive, and his skill set seems to fit Nagy's offense like a glove. He'll be 25 in week 1 2019. The guy seemed to be misused in  Jacksonville before they picked Fournette to replace him. I jumped for joy when I heard Eric Edholm say this on the Score yesterday, because I have thought this since Nagy was hired in January and there were questions about Howard's fit in Nagy's offense. 

I'd say this makes sense except yeah what happens to Howard?

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Anybody that can't see how great Pace and Nagy have been for this franchise will never be happy with the Bears. Love the honesty/transparency and holding their own accountable. See ya later Parkey.

3 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

Brees isn't retiring. He needs 19 TDs to set the career record. 

If he wins the SB he might go want to go out a champ Elway style, who knows. Either way hoping for a KC-Saints SB with the Saints winning.

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

Anybody that can't see how great Pace and Nagy have been for this franchise will never be happy with the Bears. Love the honesty/transparency and holding their own accountable. See ya later Parkey.

This isn't accountability. They are dumping Parkey anyway and this is even more convenient than missing a game winning field goal in the playoffs.

And what does Parkey care? He knows he's out.

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Am I reading this right where he seems to be more conciliatory to someone who beat up his girlfriend, than someone who went on TV and talked about his experiences?  That is awful.

If you want to look at it that way.  I took it as Cody didn't help himself...........and he feels bad that the Hunt situation happened but is not condoning it nor looking to give him a second chance. .

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

So...what would have been accountability? 

Well doing something is better than saying something, but I'm not sure how to answer that question when the assumption I'm making is that he will be gone regardless. It's easy to talk tough to a guy you don't want around. I wonder what he would say or do if it were Mack. 

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

Right.... I mean I see your point, but I guess I still have the question since you "questioned their accountability" tactics, in this specific case how you would have liked them to handle it any better? They were very blunt today and I, like others agree it was good to send that message to the rest of the team, fans and media. They could have very easily said "We're going to keep that internal" and move on and dodge it. They didn't. 

I'm not intending to question their tactics, I am saying this isn't evidence of some broader measure of accountability. I guess the best to put it is, if it were Mack, would he have done what you said and dodged it? I don't know the answer. And I think Parkey was an easy target. I guess good for Nagy for not shying away.

1 hour ago, G&T said:

I'm not intending to question their tactics, I am saying this isn't evidence of some broader measure of accountability. I guess the best to put it is, if it were Mack, would he have done what you said and dodged it? I don't know the answer. And I think Parkey was an easy target. I guess good for Nagy for not shying away.

Whats the issue here? Yes it would be different if it were Mack, rightfully so.  One is a replaceable, shitty kicker the other is far and away the best player on the team and one of the best players in the league.  The latter gets a longer rope, the former will be cut because he sucks and did something stupid in the media.