Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

53 minutes ago, Tony said:

Dan Weiderer was just on ESPN Radio, said a few interesting things about Hunt. 

Felt for sure that this was the Bears taking a little feeler PR wise on how people would react about the Bears being interested in Hunt. 

Second, felt it was weird timing for Nagy to say he spoke to Hunt last week. Last week Nagy spent the entire week evaluating players and the season. Nagy said he was just “checking in” but the timing is odd...

I think they're being careful because of how they owned themselves with the totally unnecessary risk with the Ray McDonald situation. Hunt is far better (and his situation might even be easier to navigate from a PR standpoint) but they used up a lot of goodwill for no reason at all a few years ago. I think they'll back off if there's an outcry in reaction to this.

Look, as a Chiefs fan, Kareem is a special running back. That said, he's a disaster mentally. He's had 3 total incidents last year.

January: he and some friends and former Chiefs RB were at a club and jumped a guy. Beat the shit out of him. (alcohol involved)

February: he and friends involved in altercation with an underage girl who was partying with them (alcohol involved)

June/July: he and a guy got into a physical altercation (alcohol involved)

Sense a theme here? Alcohol and anger management. Kareem should be doing some heavy counseling. He was suspended at Toledo and no one has found out why. There's some deep rooted problems with him. Not to mention he flat out lied to the Chiefs organization in February when they heard about the incident, including lying to Clark Hunt himself. Kareem should be suspended the entire 2019 season. 

All that said, I'm cool if he goes to the Bears. I like the Bears some now that they have some former Chiefs coaching and a guy playing (Bellamy). I'm from Toledo, Ohio myself, so this whole situation has been really disappointing. It was pretty cool to have a top 5 RB playing for your favorite team who played college at your hometown. But RBs are a dime a dozen as you've seen. Damien Williams was a free agent signed from the Dolphins and has stepped in nicely for the Chiefs. 

Good Luck, Bears fans. Keep me posted on the situation.

Edited by Bigsoxhurt35

The people who whined when Fangio dropped Khalil Mack into coverage are going to HATE Pagano (I'm not sure what they think disguising a blitz looks like, but still! You want a predictable, conservative defense? Rush Mack on every down and watch what happens).

Edited by lostfan

When someone asked Pace directly about Parkey's dead money against the cap, Pace said the most important thing is performance. For a guy who doesn't tend to give much of anything with regards to clues on his future plans that's a startlingly direct statement. Loosely translated, it means he's gonna bring in a couple UDFA kickers and Parkey is definitely going to be cut before they break camp, because he's got enough cap space in 2019 to take the hit.

26 minutes ago, lostfan said:

The people who whined when Fangio dropped Khalil Mack into coverage are going to HATE Pagano (I'm not sure what they think disguising a blitz looks like, but still! You want a predictable, conservative defense? Rush Mack on every down and watch what happens).

Bob Sutton did this against the Steelers in the 2016 playoffs on a key third down. Dropped Justin Houston into coverage on Antonio Brown. One of the most mind baffling things I've seen. And you can guess how that went exactly. Sometimes you can do it and confuse a QB. KC did it to Luck at least once Saturday. I'm not a fan of dropping your best pass rushers into coverage though.

28 minutes ago, Tony said:

In “Coach speak” Nagy basically said the same thing today haha.

Saw that on twitter. Everyone screams TEAM GAME, yet that fool is taking national tv appearances on a missed FG. Where was he on national tv for the other 10 missed kicks? 

1 minute ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

Bob Sutton did this against the Steelers in the 2016 playoffs on a key third down. Dropped Justin Houston into coverage on Antonio Brown. One of the most mind baffling things I've seen. And you can guess how that went exactly. Sometimes you can do it and confuse a QB. KC did it to Luck at least once Saturday. I'm not a fan of dropping your best pass rushers into coverage though.

Everyone notices what goes wrong with plays when they don't work, but when they do they just assume it was some feat of skill by the player.

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

Everyone notices what goes wrong with plays when they don't work, but when they do they just assume it was some feat of skill by the player.

Yes. My point is when I’m paying Justin Houston $20 mil per, I want him rushing Big Ben and not covering Antonio Fucking Brown. 

I’m always critical of my team and defense. But I also am the first to tip my cap. Just like when they shut down Indy after all these punk ass Colts fans thought KC would just get destroyed. All you had to do is look at the PPG differential for this defense between home vs away. It’s night and day. 

21 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Playoff losses are tough.  The close game one's are the worst.

At least in MLB/NHL/NBA it's a longer series so there are more ups and downs but it can still be more fulfilling, even in a loss.  In the NFL, you get so excited about your season and then it suddenly all comes down to 3 hours.

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

At least in MLB/NHL/NBA it's a longer series so there are more ups and downs but it can still be more fulfilling, even in a loss.  In the NFL, you get so excited about your season and then it suddenly all comes down to 3 hours.

NFL playoffs feel like just one long sudden death overtime.  Every score has so much weight to it. 

10 minutes ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

What the bears fans are going through is what KC has gone through for 50 years. Sorry guys, it’ll get better next year for y’all. 

This was KC's first home playoff win since, what, like 1359 AD? I literally can't even remember the last time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

I’m always critical of my team and defense. But I also am the first to tip my cap. Just like when they shut down Indy after all these punk ass Colts fans thought KC would just get destroyed. All you had to do is look at the PPG differential for this defense between home vs away. It’s night and day. 

You have a lot of tension bottled up

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

This was KC's first home playoff win since, what, like 1359 AD? I literally can't even remember the last time.

Actually since the TRex went into extinct 😂

1993 actually. But we’ve never had the QB until now. Always a retread QB. Now we got the superstar QB and it’s no coincidence they’re in the AFC title game. We’ll see how he fares Sunday. 

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Or just draft someone. I'm not sure why they would make any decisions soon.

Hate this idea of handing anyone a job. UDFA's and vets looking for work will be fine. Whoever can handle the pressure of fighting every day in training camp for the chance at an NFL lifestyle for a year (and maybe beyond) can handle the pressure of high-leverage field goals.

• Like 1