Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:30 PM, KiwiSox said:

Hate this idea of handing anyone a job. UDFA's and vets looking for work will be fine. Whoever can handle the pressure of fighting every day in training camp for the chance at an NFL lifestyle for a year (and maybe beyond) can handle the pressure of high-leverage field goals.

Gould was literally a UDFA, so yeah

4 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

That missed pass interference penalty is gonna be talked about.for years in NOLA, such a bad call that screwed them over 

While the penalty sucks, why the hell did Payton not run the ball on all 3 of those downs?  They'd have the lead, less than a minute and no time outs left for the Rams.  Ridiculous calling there.

5 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

While the penalty sucks, why the hell did Payton not run the ball on all 3 of those downs?  They'd have the lead, less than a minute and no time outs left for the Rams.  Ridiculous calling there.

I was telling my FIL the same thing. Playing aggressive for the TD, but isn’t winning the game the end point? Just waste time and kick the damn FG.

11 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

100% agree with that, the Rams would have had 40 less seconds to drive down the field, though Brees blew that throw. McVay also had some questionable clock management at the end too.

But if they call that obvious PI, Saints have a chip shot attempt with 4 seconds on the clock

6 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I was telling my FIL the same thing. Playing aggressive for the TD, but isn’t winning the game the end point? Just waste time and kick the damn FG.

Run the clock down, make em burn timeouts and win.  Sad part is only thing they're gonna remember was the missed penalty and not Payton's boner playcalling.

4 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Run the clock down, make em burn timeouts and win.  Sad part is only thing they're gonna remember was the missed penalty and not Payton's boner playcalling.

Correct. Just like Angels fans only remember AJP taking advantage and not that they hit .171 in the ALCS, and their offense was so ineffective that our bullpen was only needed for two outs in five games.

24 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I feel awful because I think the Bears were on par with both of those teams, but then I keep remembering that the Rams won thanks to a 48 and 57 yard FG, something Parkey would have also done had he pumped himself full of HGH.

HGH don’t fix Doink syndrome

40 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

RAMS GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!! YESSS!!!!!!

I didn't expect to be so geeked out of my mind for that game. I can't even imagine how my body will react to the White Sox making the World Series again after how I felt during the end of that Rams game.

Ugh, please bring on the Chiefs.

I'm impressed with how quickly you got over your favorite team Dallas losing last week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

HGH don’t fix Doink syndrome

No but it would fix barely getting the ball over the crossbar no matter the length of the kick. I swear, Parkey had a few that just made it over and they weren't long kicks either. Meanwhile the kicker from the Rams hit the top of the net from 48.

Missed calls and bad referee-ing seems to be the story of the weekend.

Is the controversy of how brutal the NFL is and how the league reacted by creating all these rules creating a game that is impossible to referee? It seems every detail is important. For instance, in the 4th quarter there was a roughing the passer call against the chiefs on tom brady that clearly wasn't the right call, however, in this day and age, refs must do everything they can to protect the players and called it.

What do you think?