Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

This connects well with our Hall of Fame baseball discussion.  In the same season, Julian Edelman served a 4 game PED suspension and won the Super Bowl MVP. Baseball would never ever ever let that happen, he would be black balled. Today it's barely a conversation starter.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

For a non blowout, one of the worst Super Bowls in history, certainly one of the most boring.

I guess Belichick is back in front of Saban for greatest coach of the modern game.   

Back in front? He's the best football coach ever and has been for a while.

Saban is super impressive, but he gets to recruit players. Belichick has a salary cap to deal with. There's nobody in their right mind that thinks the Patriots had more talent than the rams and he still finds ways to win (Brady helps obviously, but still)

16 minutes ago, Boogua said:

Back in front? He's the best football coach ever and has been for a while.

Saban is super impressive, but he gets to recruit players. Belichick has a salary cap to deal with. There's nobody in their right mind that thinks the Patriots had more talent than the rams and he still finds ways to win (Brady helps obviously, but still)

It’s the Phil Jackson/Jordan debate all over again.  Jordan was obviously more important in this case...but how much more important is Belichick than Brady, who will go down as the greatest QB of all-time undoubtedly.  The Patriots have had a plethora of great assistants along the way, but none could replicate his methods or success as head coaches, at least not yet.

I also don’t imagine we’ll ever see him coach another QB again, starting this upcoming season at 67.

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s the Phil Jackson/Jordan debate all over again.  Jordan was obviously more important in this case...but how much more important is Belichick than Brady, who will go down as the greatest QB of all-time undoubtedly.  The Patriots have had a plethora of great assistants along the way, but none could replicate his methods or success as head coaches, at least not yet.

I also don’t imagine we’ll ever see him coach another QB again, starting this upcoming season at 67.

Coaching matters much more in football. They're just the perfect duo. I don't think they would have won more than 3 championships with any other coach/QBs in the same situation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

This connects well with our Hall of Fame baseball discussion.  In the same season, Julian Edelman served a 4 game PED suspension and won the Super Bowl MVP. Baseball would never ever ever let that happen, he would be black balled. Today it's barely a conversation starter.

So, this just about confirms this as the worst Super Bowl ever.

6 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I disagree. Players who were caught and served their punishment are in a different category. 

9 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm excited for work tomorrow when all of the Bears fans will tell me how the Bears would have won the Super Bowl if it wasn't for Parkey and that they would have destroyed all of these teams. Lots of hypothetical championships they've won in their heads. 

My friends were literally saying this yesterday lol

9 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Well no shit. Players suspended for PEDs during the season are ineligible for the playoff roster in the first place.

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

My friends were literally saying this yesterday lol

As a Bears fan, it's sucks to think about but in order to feel better, I remember that Parkey would have definitely missed an important kick or two in LA, NO or the Super bowl

• Like 1

It's amazing what the Patriots have done and all, but I just don't want to see them in the Super Bowl for a while.  I don't hate them, but it's just boring. 

That was also the Patriots largest margin of victory in a Super bowl.  10 points.

Edited by GoSox05

5 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

It's amazing what the Patriots have done and all, but I just don't want to see them in the Super Bowl for a while.  I don't hate them, but it's just boring. 

That was also the Patriots largest margin of victory in a Super bowl.  10 points.

It was one of the more exciting nfl seasons and it ended with a thud, especially after these teams had such flukey plays that allowed them to make the game.

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

It was one of the more exciting nfl seasons and it ended with a thud, especially after these teams had such flukey plays that allowed them to make the game.

Yeah, I think with there being a lot of wild games this year, people were kinda of hoping for that. 

We were all thinking this game is boring and we could of had Chiefs vs Saints, which probably would have been crazy.

Oh well, now it's draft season.   I will now read 700 pointless mock drafts.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

A writer for a New Orleans paper is reporting that Bears/Packers will open the 2019 season on TNF while the Patriots championship ceremony will take place before the SNF or MNF game.

boo, bored of bears/packers national games.