Jump to content
LittleHurt05

Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

 

Disclaimer: I really don't think this is an overly negative post

I'm really interested to see how Nagy and Fangio call the playoff game because they both have a tendency to get really conservative with a lead. You can't do that in the playoffs. Hopefully Nagy learned that last year.  

Hopefully Nagy thinks "What would Andy Reid do?" and does the exact opposite.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Still for the life of me cannot figure out why people feel the need to express their inner thoughts on Twitter or any social media.   

Now, it's idiotic.  6-10 years ago people thought they had some sort of a internet protection blanket and could post ignorant stuff with zero recourse.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

 

Disclaimer: I really don't think this is an overly negative post

I'm really interested to see how Nagy and Fangio call the playoff game because they both have a tendency to get really conservative with a lead. You can't do that in the playoffs. Hopefully Nagy learned that last year.  

That may have been an issue in the first month or two but Nagy hasn't been conservative at all against Minnesota, LA or Green Bay. The only reason he may have been a little against LA was because Trubisky clearly didn't have it that game, but he was throwing late in the 4th against MIN and GB.

Edited by soxfan49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

 

Disclaimer: I really don't think this is an overly negative post

I'm really interested to see how Nagy and Fangio call the playoff game because they both have a tendency to get really conservative with a lead. You can't do that in the playoffs. Hopefully Nagy learned that last year.  

That really has faded away since the beginning of the season.  I mean look at the last game with the fake punt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Bears season ticket holders try the playoff ticket presale? I got on right at 10 and it said 2000+ people ahead of me. 20 minutes later, 2000+ people ahead of me.

Yeesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That really has faded away since the beginning of the season.  I mean look at the last game with the fake punt.

I'm honestly more concerned with Fangio going conservative rather than Nagy. He frustrates me with this. Guy calls off the dogs too early, IMO. I blame his conservatism for the losses @ GB and @ Miami. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm honestly more concerned with Fangio going conservative rather than Nagy. He frustrates me with this. Guy calls off the dogs too early, IMO. I blame his conservatism for the losses @ GB and @ Miami. 

The loss at GB was directly tied to two of his best defenders not being in shape.  The last game against them is more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The loss at GB was directly tied to two of his best defenders not being in shape.  The last game against them is more important.

That's a valid point about both games, but you can blame him for going into prevent with >= 1 full quarter to play. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's a valid point about both games, but you can blame him for going into prevent with >= 1 full quarter to play. 

Man, you are STILL looking for reasons to panic?  Dude,  you are missing the best season in Chicago in at least a decade.  Quit crapping on yourself and enjoy the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Any Bears season ticket holders try the playoff ticket presale? I got on right at 10 and it said 2000+ people ahead of me. 20 minutes later, 2000+ people ahead of me.

Yeesh.

Damn, I completely forgot.  Just signed on now, 2000+ people ahead of me as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Damn, I completely forgot.  Just signed on now, 2000+ people ahead of me as well.

They are sold out. Just got the message. when I got to the front. You can c get resale though for 385 each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man, you are STILL looking for reasons to panic?  Dude,  you are missing the best season in Chicago in at least a decade.  Quit crapping on yourself and enjoy the ride.

No, not at all. It is a valid criticism. I'm not overly worried or anything just pointing out something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

They are sold out. Just got the message. when I got to the front. You can c get resale though for 385 each.

Jeez, StubHub is $100 less than that.   I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets available at the 1:00 public presale though, lol.

I just really hope they don't have to play the 3:30 Saturday game, that's not good for my schedule to attend.  I would think they are too popular for the early Sat game, but if the other home teams are NE, DAL, and PIT, who knows.  Or they can just get the bye which would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, not at all. It is a valid criticism. I'm not overly worried or anything just pointing out something. 

If you are so confident that your #1 concern is how they play with a 4th quarter lead, good for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man, you are STILL looking for reasons to panic?  Dude,  you are missing the best season in Chicago in at least a decade.  Quit crapping on yourself and enjoy the ride.

That's a valid criticism. Fangio did go into soft shells in a few games with a lead, although Week 1 was an anomaly. It's not something we've seen Fangio do before because the Bears weren't typically leading games under Fox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't think I was wrong to be upset when the Bears traded up for Trubisky (the Bears were in a position where it was IMPOSSIBLE to strike out on a QB unless they didn't take one or did something silly like draft Kizer) but even so, the 2017 draft was the best the Bears had in a LONG time.

-1st (2): Mitchell Trubisky, not a better QB than Mahomes, possibly equal to Watson, but a Pro Bowl alternate despite still being a relatively raw player and probably a long-term solution for the Bears that they've never had
-2nd (45): Adam Shaheen - solid pick, key part of the offense but hasn't really gotten to show it yet
-4th (112): Eddie Jackson - honestly one of the best draft picks value-wise the Bears have ever had. Will probably be a first-team All-Pro this year.
-4th (119) Tarik Cohen - immediate impact in his rookie year. Best returner since Hester, made the Pro Bowl.
-5th (147): Jordan Morgan - got put on IR his rookie year and never made the team but that's because the Bears actually have good depth at guard.

So 2 Pro Bowl players (one a potential All-Pro), a Pro Bowl alternate, successful starting QB, a solid starting-caliber player, and only one guy no longer on the team. That's enough that I can stop complaining about the trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lostfan said:

I still don't think I was wrong to be upset when the Bears traded up for Trubisky (the Bears were in a position where it was IMPOSSIBLE to strike out on a QB unless they didn't take one or did something silly like draft Kizer) but even so, the 2017 draft was the best the Bears had in a LONG time.

-1st (2): Mitchell Trubisky, not a better QB than Mahomes, possibly equal to Watson, but a Pro Bowl alternate despite still being a relatively raw player and probably a long-term solution for the Bears that they've never had
-2nd (45): Adam Shaheen - solid pick, key part of the offense but hasn't really gotten to show it yet
-4th (112): Eddie Jackson - honestly one of the best draft picks value-wise the Bears have ever had. Will probably be a first-team All-Pro this year.
-4th (119) Tarik Cohen - immediate impact in his rookie year. Best returner since Hester, made the Pro Bowl.
-5th (147): Jordan Morgan - got put on IR his rookie year and never made the team but that's because the Bears actually have good depth at guard.

So 2 Pro Bowl players (one a potential All-Pro), a Pro Bowl alternate, successful starting QB, a solid starting-caliber player, and only one guy no longer on the team. That's enough that I can stop complaining about the trade.

Liked this breakdown of Pace drafts I saw elsewhere. I think there was some bad taste with how bad Kevin White busted as his first pick ever, but looking back over it they've have some really solid drafts.

 

15 was his first draft right, from memory?

White, Injury Bust. 
Eddie Goldman, Great. 
Grasu, Bust
Langford, Bust,
Amos, Above average safety hit

First draft, found 2 starters and everyone else flamed out. The Miss on White hurts, but shit happens.


16
Floyd starter, 
Whitehair, starter 
Kwiatkoski, quality backup
Bush special teamers and backups
Hall special teams and backups
Jordan Howard, Stud but a bad fit with the new coach. 
DeAndre Houston Carson, Special Teamer and backup
Braverman, rip white gritty reciever chicago fell in love with. 

17

Trubs, Early
Shaheen, just got back from injury, and early
EJax, literally a top 3 safety in the league 
Cohen awesome

18
Smith, awesome Early, but early returns are positive as shit
Daniels, Early but early returns are positive as shit
Miller, Early but has been solid
Iyiegbuniwe, errr who? I guess Special teamer?
Nichols Early, but as a rotational D lineman he's been great and flashed
Javon Wims, has shown flashes in pre-season and they are keeping him on the roster so they obviously like him enough to not let someone else sign him.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Hopefully Nagy thinks "What would Andy Reid do?" and does the exact opposite.  

The Chiefs don't have he Bears defense see the Rams game.  The Bears will win because the defense wins it.  If the offense has to it will be a debacle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

 

Looks like Eddie Jackson will not play this week either. But I dont think we need him to take care of the Niners.

I hope we get both of them back next week against the Vikings, beat them on their home turf to knock them out of the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Looks like Eddie Jackson will not play this week either. But I dont think we need him to take care of the Niners.

I hope we get both of them back next week against the Vikings, beat them on their home turf to knock them out of the playoffs.

I’d love to see the Bears host Washington in the wc round but unless they miraculously beat the Titans and Eagles, that won’t be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I’d love to see the Bears host Washington in the wc round but unless they miraculously beat the Titans and Eagles, that won’t be happening.

Eagles honestly scare me a bit. An experienced team who has been there, done that in the playoffs. I would not be shocked at all if Foles plays well and they upset a team in the first round (not necessarily us, but...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Eagles honestly scare me a bit. An experienced team who has been there, done that in the playoffs. I would not be shocked at all if Foles plays well and they upset a team in the first round (not necessarily us, but...)

At this point I believe if SEA and MIN win out, the Bears would host Minnesota. Regardless I’d much rather see them play Washington. You’re right, Philly would be terrifying although their secondary is dogshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smith-Schuster just gave the Saints the win and the Steelers potentially a playoff spot.

Edited by SoxAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×