Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

43 minutes ago, Tony said:

The Bears defense not “stepping up” is like reason No. 72 why they lost. 

Looking at the box this morning, Tarik having four total touches, (1 carry, 3 catches) is criminal. All he does is make plays and probably your most explosive weapon. We saw that on the last return. That’s on Nagy. 

The eagles linebackers have some serious speed. I honestly don't know if Cohen would have been very effective.

While not blaming parkey probably seems high minded, where would so many of the dominant playoff teams be if their kicker missed the last kick of the game? Patriots aren't patrioting so often that's for sure. Ravens aren't ravening. Bears don't get to super bowl in 06. But nobody in those games said "well if the patriots did this prior then they wouldn't have need the kick"

Yeah bottom line Parkey hit the uprights yet again on a reasonable field goal. Nobody played perfectly last night but obviously the big dramatic double-doink is going to be the focus, and Parkey does deserve plenty of blame for continuing to suck all year long.

He needs to be cut. Maybe he can resurrect his career somewhere else, but he's not going to get redemption in Chicago.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I would have really enjoyed finding out, and not guessing about it today. 

I do think he was the guy philly zeroed in on stopping and burton being out helped it be even easier.

The fans are going to go overboard on the placekicker, all fans always do, but he should have made that kick.  Was from a reasonable distance, wasn't too cold, no wind.  You have to make that.

I don't know why anyone would want to be a kicker.  I know the money is nice, but you have the chance to be remembered in the worst way for the rest of your life. 

Edited by GoSox05

2 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

The fans are going to go overboard on the placekicker, all fans always do, but he should have made that kick.  Was from a reasonable distance, wasn't too cold, no wind.  You have to make that.

I don't know why anyone would want to be a kicker.  I know the money is nice, but you have the chance to be remembered in the worst way for the rest of your life. 

I would be a kicker and if I had a parkey moment I would just retire and move to Mexico.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

I would have really enjoyed finding out, and not guessing about it today. 

I agree. I think my one big gripe last night is that Nagy was too conservative to start the game. I think if they come out and play their typical varied offense (like in the 2nd half) they win easy. But for some reason, maybe to play safe with Mitch, they were super conservative. The Eagles using a spy really helped them, as did Mitch's hammy tweak or whatever he had, but if they had gone vertical more to start I think that would have opened up more of the running game. 

5 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Millions + you move to a different city and 90% of the people there have no idea who you are or what you did in your previous job. Plus, if you end up making a FG to win a game, all that crap is usually forgotten.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I agree with this. Watson has worst oline of any QB not named manning.

And my comment has nothing to do with potential...Trubisky has just as much, if not more potential.  Watson played horrible over the weekend but he has been one of the better QB's in football from day 1. 

45 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

I agree. I think my one big gripe last night is that Nagy was too conservative to start the game. I think if they come out and play their typical varied offense (like in the 2nd half) they win easy. But for some reason, maybe to play safe with Mitch, they were super conservative. The Eagles using a spy really helped them, as did Mitch's hammy tweak or whatever he had, but if they had gone vertical more to start I think that would have opened up more of the running game. 

Aside from the kick, I'm still wondering where Khalil Mack was.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It was tipped, not blocked. 

He missed 11 kicks this season. In the biggest moment of the game, he failed to put the ball through the uprights. It's a very simple concept. 

Do kicks that defensive players get their hand on and redirect the ball not count as blocks? I agree though, he sucks because he should kicked it so hard that he blasted Hester's finger off without the ball changing course. He only made all 3 "untipped" kicks that game.

Or, you know, maybe a playoff offense scoring only 6 points against an average defense deserves some blame too?

Simple concept to just blame the kicker who had nothing to do with the loss though. Makes sense.

Parkey seemed to be kicking shorter all day, as if to not overkick.  On the kick he made when Pederson iced him, it wouldn't have gone longer than 47/48 yards.  Then the missed kick went halfway up the upright, he tried way harder. (And the ball getting tipped wouldn't send it further)

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Do kicks that defensive players get their hand on and redirect the ball not count as blocks? I agree though, he sucks because he should kicked it so hard that he blasted Hester's finger off without the ball changing course. He only made all 3 "untipped" kicks that game.

Or, you know, maybe a playoff offense scoring only 6 points against an average defense deserves some blame too?

Simple concept to just blame the kicker who had nothing to do with the loss though. Makes sense.

1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Parkey seemed to be kicking shorter all day, as if to not overkick.  On the kick he made when Pederson iced him, it wouldn't have gone longer than 47/48 yards.  Then the missed kick went halfway up the upright, he tried way harder. (And the ball getting tipped wouldn't send it further)

Littlehurt is 100% correct. Parkey kicked with no confidence and that is why it had a low trajectory. Its one thing for a 50+ yard fg, but even on the first kick you could see Parkey was nervous.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Man, last night sucked, thankfully I root for all 16 NFC teams so I'm guaranteed a spot in the superbowl regardless, rock n roll dudes!

Hopefully they play my favorite AFC teams! Pats and whoever beats the Pats to go to the SuperBowl!