Jump to content
LittleHurt05

Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Recommended Posts

Man, last night sucked, thankfully I root for all 16 NFC teams so I'm guaranteed a spot in the superbowl regardless, rock n roll dudes!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

You didnt see him on the 2pt conversion? 

:D

I really really wanted to see what he could do with the ball in his hand, just for the sheer hilarity of seeing him crush through a cornerback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

Man, last night sucked, thankfully I root for all 16 NFC teams so I'm guaranteed a spot in the superbowl regardless, rock n roll dudes!

Always love the "Both my teams are playing each other in the playoffs, who do I root for?" guy. 

Classic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Do kicks that defensive players get their hand on and redirect the ball not count as blocks? I agree though, he sucks because he should kicked it so hard that he blasted Hester's finger off without the ball changing course. He only made all 3 "untipped" kicks that game.

Or, you know, maybe a playoff offense scoring only 6 points against an average defense deserves some blame too?

Simple concept to just blame the kicker who had nothing to do with the loss though. Makes sense.

 

1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Parkey seemed to be kicking shorter all day, as if to not overkick.  On the kick he made when Pederson iced him, it wouldn't have gone longer than 47/48 yards.  Then the missed kick went halfway up the upright, he tried way harder. (And the ball getting tipped wouldn't send it further)

 

Littlehurt is 100% correct. Parkey kicked with no confidence and that is why it had a low trajectory. Its one thing for a 50+ yard fg, but even on the first kick you could see Parkey was nervous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

Man, last night sucked, thankfully I root for all 16 NFC teams so I'm guaranteed a spot in the superbowl regardless, rock n roll dudes!

Hopefully they play my favorite AFC teams! Pats and whoever beats the Pats to go to the SuperBowl!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Always love the "Both my teams are playing each other in the playoffs, who do I root for?" guy. 

Classic. 

Uh oh, jealousy doesn't look good on you, Tone. 

Bears will be fine next year, don't fret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Do kicks that defensive players get their hand on and redirect the ball not count as blocks? I agree though, he sucks because he should kicked it so hard that he blasted Hester's finger off without the ball changing course. He only made all 3 "untipped" kicks that game.

Or, you know, maybe a playoff offense scoring only 6 points against an average defense deserves some blame too?

Simple concept to just blame the kicker who had nothing to do with the loss though. Makes sense.

 The Bears were in position to win the game with 10 seconds left and gave their kicker a 43 yard attempt with no wind in the stadium. After missing 10 kicks already this season, he missed another one. If he made that kick, the Bears win the game.  

We've discussed AT LENGTH all the other things that happened in the game that helped contribute to the loss. You've chosen to ignore that. 

Cody Parkey makes the FG, the Bears win. He didn't and the Bears lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Uh oh, jealousy doesn't look good on you, Tone. 

Bears will be fine next year, don't fret.

What am I jealous of? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tony said:

What am I jealous of? 

You seem pretty annoyed that I happen to like 2 teams and now they are both playing each other in the playoffs, a scenario in which I didn't even want to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

You seem pretty annoyed that I happen to like 2 teams and now they are both playing each other in the playoffs, a scenario in which I didn't even want to happen.

Annoyed? No. 

Laughable and lame? Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that most of the really good defenses are out of the playoffs.  Bears, Ravens and Texans.  Let's get some high scoring crazy games going.

Saints, Rams, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts.  I want some 48-42 type games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoSox05 said:

Now that most of the really good defenses are out of the playoffs.  Bears, Ravens and Texans.  Let's get some high scoring crazy games going.

Saints, Rams, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts.  I want some 48-42 type games.

I think I may need a little break from football, but there should be some really fun games coming up. The league is so wide open this year, could get some wild games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

It's laughable to have 2 favorite teams in your 3rd favorite sport?

I'm sorry you feel that way. 

Yes. 

And thanks for the apology. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Now that most of the really good defenses are out of the playoffs.  Bears, Ravens and Texans.  Let's get some high scoring crazy games going.

Saints, Rams, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts.  I want some 48-42 type games.

Chargers D is actually fairly good.  Chargers only allowed 13 more points this year than Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Aside from the kick, I'm still wondering where Khalil Mack was.

As a Raiders fan, at least it gives me comfort that the Bears had the same result as the Raiders playoff push in 2016 with Mack. A first-round exit and Mack not showing up in a critical game. At least we're not on the hook for that insane contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoxFanForever said:

Chargers D is actually fairly good.  Chargers only allowed 13 more points this year than Houston.

Dallas has a pretty good D as well, but those teams will be on the road and there is a chance for some shoot outs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I know you don't want to be here, but welcome to draft season Bears fans.  Jump on in, the water is mildly warm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

As a Raiders fan, at least it gives me comfort that the Bears had the same result as the Raiders playoff push in 2016 with Mack. A first-round exit and Mack not showing up in a critical game. At least we're not on the hook for that insane contract.

While it's disappointing he didn't show up much last night, that insane contract is one of the biggest reasons the Bears won the division.  So I'm happy to be on the hook right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Also, I know you don't want to be here, but welcome to draft season Bears fans.  Jump on in, the water is mildly warm.

Except they only have 5 picks and none until the late 3rd round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Do kicks that defensive players get their hand on and redirect the ball not count as blocks? I agree though, he sucks because he should kicked it so hard that he blasted Hester's finger off without the ball changing course. He only made all 3 "untipped" kicks that game.

Or, you know, maybe a playoff offense scoring only 6 points against an average defense deserves some blame too?

Simple concept to just blame the kicker who had nothing to do with the loss though. Makes sense.

Yes, he wasn’t the sole reason the Bears lost. But....he was the deciding and final factor in determining whether they won or lost. He deserves all the criticism coming his way, regardless of the tipped football. It may have missed, hit the right upright, or yes — even went right down the middle as the previous kick did. Parkey hasn’t earned that benefit of doubt though, and because of it he has entered Chicago sports infamy. Next playoff game (hopefully next year) we win this will all be a hilarious footnote

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parkey missed too many kicks throughout the season.  He simply is not good at his job and that is why he should be blamed and needs to be replaced. 

Without two high draft picks, the Bears should have some space especially with White coming off the books. 

The defense was good yesterday and the late punt was what cost them at the end.  I think they really missed Eddie Jackson.  Both O'Donnell and the defense get the benefit of the doubt although having 12 on the field and 10 on the field for a play is pretty bush league. 

Trubisky was good at the end and there are definitely signs that the arrow is going up there. 

The cuteness of the 2 pt conversions and those inside shovel passes annoy the hell out of me.

Nagy was great as a first year coach and lets hope he gets better next year.  

How the special teams coach gets a look at a head coaching shot is odd to me as I thought the Bears special teams outside of Parkey were still pretty bad.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Parkey missed too many kicks throughout the season.  He simply is not good at his job and that is why he should be blamed and needs to be replaced. 

Without two high draft picks, the Bears should have some space especially with White coming off the books. 

The defense was good yesterday and the late punt was what cost them at the end.  I think they really missed Eddie Jackson.  Both O'Donnell and the defense get the benefit of the doubt although having 12 on the field and 10 on the field for a play is pretty bush league. 

Trubisky was good at the end and there are definitely signs that the arrow is going up there. 

The cuteness of the 2 pt conversions and those inside shovel passes annoy the hell out of me.

Nagy was great as a first year coach and lets hope he gets better next year.  

How the special teams coach gets a look at a head coaching shot is odd to me as I thought the Bears special teams outside of Parkey were still pretty bad.

 

 

 

Didn't Cohen make the pro bowl as a special teamer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×