LittleHurt05

Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Leming says Bears have five picks because they have a conditional 7th from the eagles due to the Hall trade 

I am not shocked they hired someone others didn’t expect. They have a totally different process that has worked out pretty damn well.

What’s your early opinion on the LaFleur hiring @GoSox05? Personally I think it’s a decent hire, I’m all in favor of hiring an Offensive first coach and get a good DC instead of the inverse. 

10 hours ago, BigSqwert said:

If I were a betting man, the Bears will have less wins next year than this year and bounce back in 2020.  Getting a first place schedule and just a few draft picks should hurt them a bit.  They were pretty healthy this year too which can easily change next year.

Definitely factual. Plus NFC north should have bounce back from Vikings and Packers. Both are better teams than their records indicated. Tough schedule combined with likely more injuries will certainly play a factor. On flip side they could see more development from existing young players. 

NFL has too much parody that you can’t pencil in playoffs year in year out unless you play in typical garbage divisions (see Patriots and to some extent Texans in recent years). 

6 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

I know Ill be in the minority, but I think with the Bears talent on Defense they can find a bunch of good options for DC.

I personally didnt like the how he called the game yesterday. 

They will be able to get a great DC candidate if Vic goes. Ideally I keep him though. Everyone works together well. Look out for Ed Donatel getting a potential promotion to DC somewhere. 

52 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Dave Ragone may be moving on as well.

Is that official?  Or more speculation? I definitely could see it, but I hope he sticks around for another year or so.  I would think Helfrich could be at risk, potentially.  

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Is that official?  Or more speculation? I definitely could see it, but I hope he sticks around for another year or so.  I would think Helfrich could be at risk, potentially.  

Helfrich is so interesting. Does anyone know what his job duties are? With Nagy calling the plays...what does he do with the Bears?

I don't know if anyone saw this video yet.....

But that's the bedroom door of a girl I had a summer fling with back in college. That is her current boyfriend. She just sent me a snap of them picking out a new door today. 😂 I sincerely can't stop laughing. 😂

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Dave-Ragone-Titans-offensive-coordinator-darkhorse-127482672/

It seems like speculation.

11 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

What’s your early opinion on the LaFleur hiring @GoSox05? Personally I think it’s a decent hire, I’m all in favor of hiring an Offensive first coach and get a good DC instead of the inverse. 

Yeah, I like it.  I really wanted McDaniels, but I understand the problems with that. 

LaFleur is getting tied to McVay a lot, but he has actually spent more time with Kyle Shanahan.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I don't know if anyone saw this video yet.....

But that's the bedroom door of a girl I had a summer fling with back in college. That is her current boyfriend. She just sent me a snap of them picking out a new door today. 😂 I sincerely can't stop laughing. 😂

What passes for humor nowadays.  Can I have those 20 seconds of my life back?

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

They will be able to get a great DC candidate if Vic goes. Ideally I keep him though. Everyone works together well. Look out for Ed Donatel getting a potential promotion to DC somewhere. 

Todd Bowles would be my top choice

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Sounds like Munchak to Denver

I don't see that anywhere. PFT said that he believes Fangio is the favorite.

8 hours ago, Tony said:

Helfrich is so interesting. Does anyone know what his job duties are? With Nagy calling the plays...what does he do with the Bears?

Gives Nagy ideas on spread formations from Oregon and that's likely it.

10 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

Todd Bowles would be my top choice

I know him and Nagy are close so it makes sense if Fangio does move on.

NFC North head coaching first names - Matt, Matt, Matt and Mike.  It was Matt, Matt, Mike, Mike. 

Packers were heavy into "Mike's"  have know switched over to the Matt's.

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I don't see that anywhere. PFT said that he believes Fangio is the favorite.

Gives Nagy ideas on spread formations from Oregon and that's likely it.

I know him and Nagy are close so it makes sense if Fangio does move on.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/1/8/18172509/steelers-news-mike-munchak-now-considered-the-front-runner-for-broncos-coaching-job-nfl-rumors

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This Saturday Goose Island on Fulton is setting up a goal post. If you can kick a 43 yd. FG you can win free beer for a year.

Having to drink Goose Island beer for a whole year sounds more like punishment to me.  Maybe that's why Parkey missed!