LittleHurt05

Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

If Lafleur and Kingsbury do well.  There might not be many defensive minded head coaches hired for a few years.

9 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

If Lafleur and Kingsbury do well.  There might not be many defensive minded head coaches hired for a few years.

Kingsbury will be interesting because he obviously has the offensive prowess, but failed at the head coaching part of the job in Lubbock.

He was pretty much on par with every other coach at Texas Tech.  Only Mike Leach had real success there.

His passing offense has a chance to be really exciting, but Arizona better fix that O-Line or it's going to be a mess.

Edited by GoSox05

I like the hire. If the last few years should have taught the nfl anything its that whatever it's CW on what makes a successful head coach is clearly wrong. Some guys are going to fail big, but complaining about guys coming from unconventional backgrounds falls hollow to me after seeing the performance of recent coaches in the modern nfl.

And maybe it's even the structure of what it means to be a HC changes.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Arians and Bowles about to try and figure out famous Jameis

Not sure Bowles is going to be assisting in fixing Winston being that he's a DC, but hopefully he waits to hire Bowles because if Fangio leaves, Bowles is an obvious replacement.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Not sure Bowles is going to be assisting in fixing Winston being that he's a DC, but hopefully he waits to hire Bowles because if Fangio leaves, Bowles is an obvious replacement.

I wasn't being serious about them both trying to figure him out as much as saying that they were both going to Tampa.  But thanks for the correction

Wish Fangio nothing but the best. I wonder if we can make a late push for Bowles.  Fangio should be able to make some noise with that Denver defense.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Wish Fangio nothing but the best. I wonder if we can make a late push for Bowles.  Fangio should be able to make some noise with that Denver defense.  

Pretty sure Bowles is a lock to TB with Arians.

Where do they go from here with all of the decent DCs available already taking jobs? I'd imagine Donatell is going with Fangio to Denver. 

I'd love to see Bowles come to Chicago, he'd be crazy to not consider dropping his TB commitment to coach an established elite Bears unit.

Well, good for him.

From what I understand personality wise, steve wilks seems like he'd get along with Nagy.

Chuck Pagano is still out there.

I really hope they go with Ed Donatell.  He was awful in Green Bay.

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

What a gut punch.

I wouldn't say that. Fangio's defenses tend to get worse but this one didn't, probably because of all of the talent. It's a loss for sure but "gut punch" is an overreaction, imo.