Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Who wants Dan Orlovsky's opinions?

If he throws it right there, yes, it could be picked. But if he throws it to that spot when Trey is at the goal post and running to the right, it's a TD

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I still think that's wrong, if he leads him high and to the right it would be incredibly hard. Burton also could have started running in. 

One of those things you hope gets better as they run.

Then the safety comes off of Robinson, backs up, and also picks it off.

20 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Shifting body momentum to go other way and back and track ball. The depth there is farther than you suggest. The ball would need to be thrown fast it's true.

29 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

if that's not open then what the heck is

it's not open by the time Trubs recognizes it, which is about when that still image is from, and to his credit you see him twitch towards throwing it there but he moves on. but Burton's wide open when he comes out of his break.

Here's some actual video. You see Robinson is actually screening the DB, probably in anticipation of Trubs possibly throwing back to the middle for Robinson to try to get

Edited by StrangeSox

But then Burton could mess up the catch, tip it up, off his helmet, and the DB who was out of position intercepts it and takes it 108 yards after superkicking Mitch and breaking Allen Robinson's ankles.

They both could've been out for the year.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

This is clearer than that late starting grainy video that's going around 

You can see him look at Burton and pause. He must have seen the safety sprinting over and decided he couldnt make the throw in time.

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

i know every game is sacred, but it would be coaching malpractice to have him go out against Minnesota this week.

I would be shocked if he didn't play this week. 

The Packers doctors are known to be extremely conservative.  The fact that they let him come back into the game last week means that they don't think he can injure it worse.  If there was even a 1% chance that was the case, he would have never come back in. 

He is going to do his best Tom Brady impression this week.  Everything is going to come out in one-two seconds.  the Packers have one of the best pass protecting o-lines in football, so I'm sure that makes the decision easier.

Agreed. I think it was a minor bone bruise or knee sprain and the Packers are just using this to their advantage while also hyping up Rodgers' legacy (though the latter part is more on the media and fans taking the story and running with it). If he tore anything there's 0% chance he plays another minute in that Bears game. No way the Packers are going to jeopardize the next 4-5 years for one measly win over the Bears.

11 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Agreed. I think it was a minor bone bruise or knee sprain and the Packers are just using this to their advantage while also hyping up Rodgers' legacy (though the latter part is more on the media and fans taking the story and running with it). If he tore anything there's 0% chance he plays another minute in that Bears game. No way the Packers are going to jeopardize the next 4-5 years for one measly win over the Bears.

Yes, they using this to their advantage by making the Vikings game plan for Kizer.  I'm sure they are nervous about it. 

Rodgers legacy doesn't need hyping.

Seems to be a lot of conspiracy theory around this.  Maybe a QB just hurt his knee, it's sore and they are taking it slow to make sure it responds ok.  Not everything is some grand plan to fool the opponent.

44 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

It is a an MCL sprain. You could tell by the lateral hinge brace they had him wear when he played later. He can definitely injure it worse when he played last week or if he plays this week. All depends on the edema and laxity by Sunday. 

3 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Yes, they using this to their advantage by making the Vikings game plan for Kizer.  I'm sure they are nervous about it. 

Seems to be a lot of conspiracy theory around this.  Maybe a QB just hurt his knee, it's sore and they are taking it slow to make sure it responds ok.  Not everything is some grand plan to fool the opponent.

For once, you and I agree.

Edited by soxfan49

3 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Which is just putting your DBs in front of a ball machine and practicing interception catching all week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

No Wagner or KJ Wright on Monday.

If the Bears don’t run the ball 28 times...

If the Bears dont win Monday, it would be so deflating, ruining all the hype from the pre season and the Mack trade. Seattle is not that good healthy, and now they are so banged up, the Bears should be a much better team. 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:08 AM, GoSox05 said:

I would be shocked if he didn't play this week. 

The Packers doctors are known to be extremely conservative.  The fact that they let him come back into the game last week means that they don't think he can injure it worse.  If there was even a 1% chance that was the case, he would have never come back in. 

He is going to do his best Tom Brady impression this week.  Everything is going to come out in one-two seconds.  the Packers have one of the best pass protecting o-lines in football, so I'm sure that makes the decision easier.

That same extremely conservative medical staff rushed an injured Rodgers back out onto the field last year to try to salvage their playoff hopes didn't they? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

That same extremely conservative medical staff rushed an injured Rodgers back out onto the field last year to try to salvage their playoff hopes didn't they? 

Not really. He was within the normal recovery time. It's just that why bother once they were out of contention.