Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nope. Just gonna let a few more games play out before seeing what they are. Let's see if they can beat Miami and NE. 

What they are is a shitload better than last year....night and day.  This team is legit...right now.  Jump on the bandwagon and enjoy Parkman.  Don't be a Debbie Downer.....

You still wouldn't make that Mack trade?

9 minutes ago, Wanne said:

What they are is a shitload better than last year....night and day.  This team is legit...right now.  Jump on the bandwagon and enjoy Parkman.  Don't be a Debbie Downer.....

You still wouldn't make that Mack trade?

I've always said, It all depends on #10. If he can do half of what he did today on a regular basis, it will be a wonderful trade. 

it's all about the QB. /angelo

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Which everyone was saying since the beginning. You aren’t a prophet for saying the Bears season comes down to Mitch. 

Pace gave up assets for what he thought was a HOF talent in Mack, knowing you get aggressive for the chance to acquire a game changer, while also believing Mitch is/will be the guy. 

Good thing they didn’t fire Nagy, amirite?!?

Yeah, they looked horrible last week against a crap team on the road. They were lucky to win that game. 

I was arguing that if Mitch sucks, they could end up regretting that trade and wasting Mack's prime. Jury's still out, but at least now there is reason for optimism, where before today Mitch was meh at best. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, they looked horrible last week against a crap team on the road. They were lucky to win that game. 

and come out today against a good team and absolutely destroy them.  You can't pick and choose your arguments.  Mack has elevated the D to an entirely new realm...if not the entire team.  Nagy and the entire staff did a great job today putting Trubisky in a great position to succeed...and he came thru big time.  I don't care about last week...guess what last week was...a W...on the road.  You take those anyday all day on the road in the NFL.

Just now, Wanne said:

and come out today against a good team and absolutely destroy them.  You can't pick and choose your arguments.  Mack has elevated the D to an entirely new realm...if not the entire team.  Nagy and the entire staff did a great job today putting Trubisky in a great position to succeed...and he came thru big time.  I don't care about last week...guess what last week was...a W...on the road.  You take those anyday all day on the road in the NFL.

I'm not arguing, but there is no excuse for them coming out flat last week. 

I'm not arguing, but there is no excuse for them coming out flat last week. 

geezus...you'll find any reason you can to b**** about this team....whatever.  Enjoy your glass half empty season....

1 minute ago, Wanne said:

geezus...you'll find any reason you can to b**** about this team....whatever.  Enjoy your glass half empty season....

I'm not complaining. There are lots of reasons for optimism currently. I get that coming out flat sometimes happens, but it shouldn't happen against crap teams. 

I'm not complaining. There are lots of reasons for optimism currently. I get that coming out flat sometimes happens, but it shouldn't happen against crap teams. 

Cards aren't a crap team by any means.  Crap QB with Bradford...but they've alleviated that.  But overall...a solid team with a new coach learning a new system.  They have pretty decent personnel.  Like I said...you win any game in the NFL on the road...it's a positive.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Just step away from the keyboard and take the L. It’s over.

Football is a reactionary sport. There are 16 games in a season, and there is a week to ruminate on a game before they play again. It was too early to make a final judgment one way or another, but I was going of the data set that I had, which admittedly was incomplete. I'm not afraid to admit being wrong. I've written a couple posts on it. I hadn't seen that one game where Trubisky showed what he can do at the NFL level. This was that game. The rest of the 15 games looked like meh.

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Which is what we’ve tried to beat into your head for weeks. Stop making rash, hot take posts after one game. The fire Nagy, Mack was a waste, Trubisky sucks, etc all make you look like a clown. 

No one is saying after this game, Mitch is now an elite QB. It was a great game to watch, and gave everyone a hopeful glimpse into what could be. But anyone making proclamations after one game should be shot down as well. 

When something happens, good or bad, maybe don’t rush to the keyboard next time, and take a more leveled approach, rather than trying to play Skip Bayless.

Not arguing that, I shouldn't have made overreaching judgments, that is true. Before this game would it have been better if I said that Mitch hadn't shown anything yet, he may still do so but I'll believe it when I see it. 

Most of my argument was that I assume Bears QBs suck until proven otherwise. I was advocating that the Bears  trade for Mack back in early August. I also thought that 1 1st round pick would have been enough because it was likely to be a top 10 pick. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

So all your arguments so far have been wrong. Got it. Like I said, take the multiple L’s and move on. 

Not afraid to take the Ls, so let's move on. You guys think I know my stuff though, right? I've been posting here long enough to prove I'm not an idiot. A lot of time I'll admit when I'm being reactionary ahead of time so you guys know. Sometimes, I'll just say stuff and that is it. A lot of time I'll change my opinions when new data is presented, because that is how the scientific method works. You have to adjust to what the data that is presenting. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Before the game I was so worried about the Bears secondary injuries, I completely ignored how bad and depleted the Bucs were. No doubt that Mitch played well, but some of those receivers were so freaking wide open, it was crazy. I think it was the Bellamy touchdown they showed Cohen celebrating when the ball was still in the air, cause he knew it was a TD.

First place headed into the bye! 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was arguing that if Mitch sucks, they could end up regretting that trade and wasting Mack's prime. Jury's still out, but at least now there is reason for optimism, where before today Mitch was meh at best. 

Actually you were quite clear that he DOES suck, and not IF he sucks.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Actually you were quite clear that he DOES suck, and not IF he sucks.

Stan Marsh: Wow, Jay Cutler. My dad says you suck, but you might be good one day. 

Cutler:Thanks. 

Replace Cutler with Trubisky and Parkman with Randy Marsh and that summed up my feelings about #10

1 hour ago, Wanne said:

Cards aren't a crap team by any means.  Crap QB with Bradford...but they've alleviated that.  But overall...a solid team with a new coach learning a new system.  They have pretty decent personnel.  Like I said...you win any game in the NFL on the road...it's a positive.

actually I'd like to retract that...geezus.  Cards snatch defeat out of the hands of victory...that was pathetic how they lost that game.  On the bright side...Cards have a QB.  Rosen is gonna be a good one IMO.

33 minutes ago, Wanne said:

actually I'd like to retract that...geezus.  Cards snatch defeat out of the hands of victory...that was pathetic how they lost that game.  On the bright side...Cards have a QB.  Rosen is gonna be a good one IMO.

All of the 1st rounders from the last 2 drafts will at least be starters for a while, IMO. That includes Trubisky. Watson is probably the most iffy of the bunch. He has some accuracy problems. 

I think it isn't a question though that the 2018 QB class might be a lot better as a group than the 2017 class. Just more upside there. It seems that teams are getting a lot better at drafting QBs. I can't think of a lot of 1st rounders over the last 3-4 seasons that absolutely suck. 

Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen are the future of the league. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Earl Thomas held out, skipped practices, but decided to play despite not getting a new deal. Lower leg fracture.  Cant blame any NFL guy for holding out nowadays. That's him flicking off his own sideline 

I saw that when they were carting him off and was like wtf?!? lol...  On the play he was injured....he wasn't even hit. Hard to imagine fracturing you leg on a play like that.  Look at the replay if you can...it was very innocent.