Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

*licks chops*

The bears had about 5 straight years of horrendous injuries that I started to wonder if they'd ever get lucky in opposite way. This year has been a good year for being healthy knock on wood.

Delete this before it's too late 

51 minutes ago, bmags said:

*licks chops*

The bears had about 5 straight years of horrendous injuries that I started to wonder if they'd ever get lucky in opposite way. This year has been a good year for being healthy knock on wood.

Bmags what in the hell is this

5 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeah unlikely but in offseason I could see it. Definitely would require a 2nd round pick.

But if you were philly wouldn't you rather go big and get leveon?

They will not get a 2nd rounder for Howard. No way, no how.  Unless he goes off for like 1600 yards or something.  

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

They will not get a 2nd rounder for Howard. No way, no how.  Unless he goes off for like 1600 yards or something.  

They'd be lucky to get a 4th, which means that it doesn't make sense under any circumstances to trade him. 

`NFL trade values for established players are weird. If you're not involved with passing or rushing the passer, you aren't worth anything more than a 4th round pick. Only elite pass rushers are worth 1st rounders, and QBs that would be worth a 1st or two don't get traded. Maybe an elite CB could get you a 2nd or 3rd. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Why would McAdoo bench Eli and ruin such a long games played streak?!?!

Uh, maybe because HE FUCKING SUCKS. 

At this point I’d rather have any other QB.

Saquon Barkley could be a top 3 running back in the league already,  yet still be an awful draft pick for the Giants. 

They need a QB so bad, cut Davis Webb, yet didn't draft one when they had a top 2 pick.

When you have a HOF last name and incredible D lines, you can survive for this long. Most overrated player of our generation.

12 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Saquon Barkley could be a top 3 running back in the league already,  yet still be an awful draft pick for the Giants. 

They need a QB so bad, cut Davis Webb, yet didn't draft one when they had a top 2 pick.

When you have a HOF last name and incredible D lines, you can survive for this long. Most overrated player of our generation.

I mean seriously, how pathetic was that firestorm that McAdoo faced last year in regards to his benching? McAdoo was a train wreck as a coach, but people calling Manning’s benching “disrespectful” and a “gross use of power” look really stupid now. Manning is absolutely atrocious right now and he should still be on the bench.

44 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I mean seriously, how pathetic was that firestorm that McAdoo faced last year in regards to his benching? McAdoo was a train wreck as a coach, but people calling Manning’s benching “disrespectful” and a “gross use of power” look really stupid now. Manning is absolutely atrocious right now and he should still be on the bench.

Manning's been atrocious the past 2 years...at least.  I told my nephew out here last year I wouldn't have been surprised if the Eli was the Cards starting QB this year...they overpaid for Bradford...same thing really.  The fact the Giants have ignored the QB position for so long is criminal.  Didn't get the cutting Webb...but they did absolutely nothing to address it.  I don't blame Giant fans for being pissed.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Well, hey, brightside is they are still so unbelievably bad the giants may have a top 3 pick for a QB again to pair with a great RB! Granted I haven't heard much about this QB class.

For a reason. The time for them to draft a QB was probably the 2017 or 2018 drafts. 

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

For a reason. The time for them to draft a QB was probably the 2017 or 2018 drafts. 

As a Missouri fan, I feel bad for any franchise that drafts Drew Lock in first round. 

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not sure what to be more excited about, that Prince is back or that Cooper is out!

i honestly dont know why they keep Cooper around.  Every time he actually plays, he is burned terribly, and he has been injured the entire season.