Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

And if you take away the one Super Bowl Rodgers won, he would have none. You can't take a game away just to fit a mindset. He isn't turning the ball over and his YPA continues to creep up. He had Tampa on the schedule and beat their ass. The Bears offense scored more against Tampa than New Orleans, Philly, Pittsburgh, ATL and Cincinnati did.

Not really sure what Aaron Rodgers Super Bowl game has to do with this. 

I'm just saying Trubisky has been fine, but that stat line has been inflated by one game at home against the worst defense in football.  He kicked their ass like just about anyone should have. 

9 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Not really sure what Aaron Rodgers Super Bowl game has to do with this. 

I'm just saying Trubisky has been fine, but that stat line has been inflated by one game at home against the worst defense in football.  He kicked their ass like just about anyone should have. 

Just like anyone should have but not everyone did

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Just like anyone should have but not everyone did

Lol.  Literally everyone did.  Not 6 td good, but all really good.

37/45 439 3td

35/48 334 1td

30/38 354 3td

19/26 354 6td

31/41 355 3td

23/34 215 2td

21/34 280 2td

Just now, GoSox05 said:

Lol.  Literally everyone did.  Not 6 td good, but all really good.

37/45 439 3td

35/48 334 1td

30/38 354 3td

19/26 354 6td

31/41 355 3td

23/34 215 2td

21/34 280 2td

I guess our definition of "really good" is different but that's alright. I feel you. It just pisses me off that the Bears fan base (and this isn't directed at you since you're a GB fan) hates everything that has to do with young, fun and talented.

All the anti-Trubisky stuff out there on Twitter and ESPN today seems to stem from the misconception that all of his numbers come from screen passes. If you think that, you haven't watched him play. Trubisky is the QB of an air raid offense, Bortles is the QB of a run-first offense, and the former QB is pretty much objectively better than the latter. I don't think Mitch is a top 10 quarterback or anything but the hate he's receiving in the midst of the best season by a Bears QB of all-time is pretty puzzling. If he finishes the season at a similar pace then he's firmly in the top half of NFL quarterbacks in my opinion. 

Edited by Jose Abreu

I like Barnwell. If Mitch doesn't progress, Bortles is a comp, but even then Mitch takes care of the ball much better (though could be product of a better oline).

But the reason I'm surprised there was a sudden hammer brought down on him is I've actually been encouraged the last 3 weeks even despite the lower comp % last two games, and these are games he became more run heavy. Because though he's taken off, he's taken off walking into the pocket more often. Also the second half of Jets game he was really doing well with pocket forming around him. 

He has these bad bad quarters but then keeps recovering, so, to me that is big big progress and the kinds that i like to see. Feeling much more positive than ever.

I really thought raiders would be fine this year, seemed like last year just got away from them.

I also thought for a time that Grudens time as a broadcaster connecting with so many in the game he could actually be decent for a while. That stopped when he hired his staff.

I really feel for Raiders fans. This is just awful. Ruining your last few years for no reason.

Just now, GoSox05 said:

They could be back to being a good team if they draft well over the next two drafts, but not with Gruden making those picks.

They need both him to nail a bunch of picks and actually learn from getting his teeth kicked in, become more of a CEO coach that finds bring progressive minds to come in and turn it around.

Who wants to bet on that?

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

They need both him to nail a bunch of picks and actually learn from getting his teeth kicked in, become more of a CEO coach that finds bring progressive minds to come in and turn it around.

Who wants to bet on that?

I would bet that they completely blow the next two drafts and also keep Gruden around even after doing so, because they are the Raiders. 

Just for the record, I'm very much against coaches also being the GM or making roster decisions.  Outside of Belichick, it usually ends in disaster. 

Just now, GoSox05 said:

I would bet that they completely blow the next two drafts and also keep Gruden around even after doing so, because they are the Raiders. 

Just for the record, I'm very much against coaches also being the GM or making roster decisions.  Outside of Belichick, it usually ends in disaster. 

Honestly they don't have much of a choice.   Coach contracts are guaranteed, they ditch him in two years and then they owe him 70M LMAO