LittleHurt05

Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

17 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Julio Jones is going to have like 3000 yards receiving this year and no TD. 

Sarkisian likes him until they get into the red zone, it doesnt make sense

27 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Sarkisian likes him until they get into the red zone, it doesnt make sense

Jones has never really been a red zone WR.  I don't know if that has something to do with Ryan or maybe Jones isn't good in the red zone.

It's definitely been amplified under Sarkisian.   In the past 23 games he has 3 td.  DeVante Adams has 16 in that span.

7 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Please review all of your own posts when thinking about jumping guns.  On everything

we get it, you think the bears are tremendously overrated and that they are lucky to have the wins that they have, and they probably won't win any other games because you have played out all of the possibilities and none of them work for the bears.   Stop repeating it now 

Not true. They're pretty much a lock for at least 6 wins right now. They have 2 more that are winnable after that.  I don't think they're overrated, so to speak but I do think the defense has been disappointing, to say the least. Offense has been surprisingly good. Mitch looks like a keeper, we'll see if he keeps playing decently. They're a season or two away from being really good, but I think expectations for this season in particular are out of whack. You have a rookie head coach, a  2nd year QB in his 1st season in a new offense, that had played 25 games since graduating high school coming into the season. There are going to be peaks and valleys. I wasn't happy with the game vs. Arizona, because they are really bad and the Bears barely squeaked by in that game. I also wasn't happy with allowing Osweiler, who is a bad QB and a known commodity as such. They absolutely earned the wins vs. Seattle and TB. the AZ game was a red flag. It isn't a shock to me they lost the 2/3 of the games after that one.

There are plenty of positives, I don't deny that. I think the most likely outcome for the Bears is that they win 7 or 8 games. That is still a massive step forward from 3 and 5 games the last two seasons. 

I don't think you're ever going to respect me as a poster again so just put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. Leave me alone and quit attacking me. If you can't because you're a mod, then just don't respond unless you want to have a constructive conversation. Explain yourself. I have. 

I admit I jump guns every now and then. w/e. Not afraid to admit I'm wrong. Nobody is infallible. If I jump the gun and look stupid, that is nobody's problem but my own. I can look back at it and say, "That was really fucking stupid" and move on. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not true. They're pretty much a lock for at least 6 wins right now. They have 2 I don't think they're overrated, so to speak but I do think the defense has been disappointing, to say the least. Offense has been surprisingly good. Mitch looks like a keeper, we'll see if he keeps playing decently. They're a season or two away from being really good, but I think expectations for this season in particular are out of whack. You have a rookie head coach, a  2nd year QB in his 1st season in a new offense, that had played 25 games since graduating high school coming into the season. There are going to be peaks and valleys. I wasn't happy with the game vs. Arizona, because they are really bad and the Bears barely squeaked by in that game. I also wasn't happy with allowing Osweiler, who is a bad QB and a known commodity as such. They absolutely earned the wins vs. Seattle and TB. the AZ game was a red flag. It isn't a shock to me they lost the 2/3 of the games after that one.

There are plenty of positives, I don't deny that. I think the most likely outcome for the Bears is that they win 7 or 8 games. That is still a massive step forward from 3 and 5 games the last two seasons. 

They're a Kyle Fuller dropped interception and a 5 foot wide FG from bring 5-1, with their one loss being a pretty fluky game against the best QB ever. I'd say they've overachieved in just about every way this season and if they remain in the playoff hunt and get to 8-10 wins this season is a miraculous improvement.

3 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

They're a Kyle Fuller dropped interception and a 5 foot wide FG from bring 5-1, with their one loss being a pretty fluky game against the best QB ever. I'd say they've overachieved in just about every way this season and if they remain in the playoff hunt and get to 8-10 wins this season is a miraculous improvement.

If all else was equal, even if they were 5-1 I wouldn't feel that great about making the playoffs. I'd feel like they'd have a shot for 10 wins at that point. If they win the games they are supposed to, and win a couple they aren't supposed to, that is 9. I don't think anyone should be disappointed if they win 9 games this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, GoSox05 said:

Most teams are a play here and a play there away from being 5-1 or 4-2.  Yet, they aren't.  

Yes, exactly. 

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Most teams are a play here and a play there away from being 5-1 or 4-2.  Yet, they aren't.  

Agree. You are what your record shows.

The Bears of the last 5 seasons were not one or two plays away from any good record. They were getting blown out. This year their three losses have come at the end of games and within one score. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

The Bears of the last 5 seasons were not one or two plays away from any good record. They were getting blown out. This year their three losses have come at the end of games and within one score. 

Bingo.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bingo.

They rarely got blown out last year too. They still won 5 games. So? Whether is is 1 point, 3 points, 7 points, or 24 points it is still an L. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Twitter nearly exploded with the Giants going for 2 after scoring a TD down 14.

I did, at the time, because I use the logic "do it if you gain something if you make it but lose nothing if you fail" but then I thought about it and analytics/probability says that's the correct call. If you fail but score again, you get another shot to go for 2 again to even it up, and that's what they did.

Nice to see JJ Watt healthy and being an absolute terror.

Texans could be a scary team as the year goes one.

Sucks to see the injury to Fuller, like that kid. 

Nice to see JJ Watt healthy and being an absolute terror.

Texans could be a scary team as the year goes one.

So jealous of their division,  they've already had multiple playoff berths simply based on its weakness, not that they have done much in January.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Sucks to see the injury to Fuller, like that kid. 

He's fun to watch.  He just always has been injured. 

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

So jealous of their division,  they've already had multiple playoff berths simply based on its weakness, not that they have done much in January.

Tom Brady and the Patriots have been in a division like that for about 20 years.

Edited by GoSox05

Tom Brady and the Patriots have been in a division like that for about 20 years.

Quite frankly...for most of the years, so have the Packers.  

While this is true, they have won 10+ games for like 15 straight seasons.  The Texans just won two straight titles with 9 wins each year.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Quite frankly...for most of the years, so have the Packers.  

Kinda.  The Vikings have made the playoffs 5x times(probably 6 after this year) since Rodgers first starting year in 2008.  Including twice making it to the NFC Championship.  Lions have made the playoffs three times and the Bears made it the NFC championship once.

Buffalo has made the playoffs once(last year at 9-7) in the past 19 years. Dolphins have made the playoffs twice in the past 17 years.  Closest thing they had to a challenge is the Jets teams in 2009 and 2010.  They haven't been back to the playoffs since.

So the NFC North hasn't been a powerhouse, it's been much better than the AFC East. Not to say the Patriots didn't have really good teams over the years, but I think playing in that division has helped them get a ton of home field advantage in the playoffs. 

NFC North has been tough. The bad years where a 9-7 team gets it has mostly been due to injuries.

Per Schefter, Mack will test the ankle prior to the game and will be limited even if he does play.

Also per Schefter, it doesn’t look like Robinson will play.

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Per Schefter, Mack will test the ankle prior to the game and will be limited even if he does play.

Also per Schefter, it doesn’t look like Robinson will play.

Kevin White has earned a shot, let's see what he can do