Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

I would bet that they completely blow the next two drafts and also keep Gruden around even after doing so, because they are the Raiders. 

Just for the record, I'm very much against coaches also being the GM or making roster decisions.  Outside of Belichick, it usually ends in disaster. 

And to your point, even Belichick has made a ton of terrible draft choices. He's lucky #12 is still around.

18 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

And to your point, even Belichick has made a ton of terrible draft choices. He's lucky #12 is still around.

Yeah he's had some pretty bad drafts.  He is able to take average talent on defense and make it work, which I think is his greatest asset. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Would he be a fit for the Bears. Haven't followed what he's done since leaving Seattle. 

He has 3 sacks this year but he’s a giant turd. Overall he isn’t a good player but 3 sacks sure beats Floyd’s zero. My bet is he doesn’t go unclaimed and someone (not the Bears) pays him that $4m he’s owed.

Edited by soxfan49

I’m a tad concerned about Mack. After the NE game, Fangio said Mack’s ankle was fine and the plan to only rush him 14 times wasn’t due to an ankle. We all knew that was a lie because no one in their right mind acquires Khalil Mack and barely rushes him. He admitted it this week, saying he shouldn’t have finished the Miami game or played against the Pats. Last week, he supposedly sat due to rough/wet field conditions. This week, it’s 50 and sunny and he isn’t playing, “because there are 3 division games in 10 days.” Well, next week the early weather report shows 37 and sleet & who knows what the following week will be outdoors, so if a wet/bad field is going to hinder him, he shouldn’t play next week and they still play 5 games outside.

There just seems to be excuse after excuse, and I hope it’s not more serious than they’re letting on, but I fear it is due to the aforementioned excuse parade.

Edited by soxfan49

51 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m not buying the field conditions stuff, at all. He clearly wasn’t healthy, and the Bears believed they had two beatable opponents in front of them in the Jets and Bills, you just can’t come out and say that. 

I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t play next week, and I expect him to have the batteries recharged and ready to go. 

I think this was more of the three games in a short span combined with the fact that they had two winnable opponents. Same thing with Robinson. 

If you rush it and than those guys aren’t ready you could have them miss all those crucial divisional game. Possibility they or someone still gets hurt but I think it was the smart play. The hard part is going to be how everyone responds to that many games in a short window. 

Its terrible the NFL only has one bye week. 

35 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Ok, the Bills are really, really awful. My condolences @witesoxfan.

Is he alright? He hasn’t been on the site in 7 months.

8 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I love to give the Peter Man shit for being bad, but the two picks weren't his fault. He hasn't been awful, not they are throwing the ball downfield or anything.

The first INT, no, but the last one was a slant that he threw for 0 yards and still managed to throw behind the receiver.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Is he alright? He hasn’t been on the site in 7 months.

The first INT, no, but the last one was a slant that he threw for 0 yards and still managed to throw behind the receiver.

It wasnt a great throw, but Fuller also took the receiver out before the ball got there. 

But he made it up on that final play by trying to run for a 37 yard touchdown instead of throwing the hail Mary on an untimed down, lol.

Either way, his passer rating has gone up today.

Part of the reason I started throwing some wacky stuff out there is that I think it was getting too boring around here. Don't be afraid to share some of your more wacky opinions. Keeping them to yourself gets in the way of good discussion. Also, if you think someone posts something ridiculous, attack the post, not the poster. 

As long as people are willing to admit they're wrong when proven so, it isn't a huge deal, and it might make for a better board. People are way too serious on here. It is sports, it is out of your control, and it doesn't affect your life other than entertaining you. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Yesterday was such a laugher in such a short period of time, I'm not even concerned about Mitch's pedestrian numbers.  They did what they were supposed to do, they throttled two bad teams. The lions seem to be a bad team also, and it's a division game, everyone will need to step up 

Looking ahead, Giants and Niners seem like winnable games. Detroit is fading fast, both games are winnable, I also think we have a good shot of beating Rodgers at Soldier Field.

So if we take care of business against the Giant and Niners, take 2 from Detroit. beat A-Rod, we'd most likely be a playoff team. It's not an easy task, but not unlikely either. At that point, the difference between a division winner and a WC team is how well we play against the Vikings.