Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

8 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Might have happened here 

Perhaps he wasn't screaming in pain. Sometimes athletes make weird faces and sounds when they're running away from people trying to tackle them.

Or maybe sliding on hard, frozen ground hurts sometimes.

I read that as a bad sign. I presume if they want "misinformation" out there, they would remain mum on his status, so the Lions spend a bit of time scouting Chase Daniels. In the case we put out an unnecessary report of our optimism, it makes me worried we actually want Lions to think Trubisky is playing while we quietly are prepping Daniels and hoping Lions are a bit surprised?  

Hopefully this is all me over-analyzing and there is just pure truth that Trubisky will be fine and good to go on Thursday, he'll play well (as will the Bears), and they'll than get 10 days to rest their bodies for the next game.  

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not sure what it says about me that when I read they are optimistic he will play as a bad sign. Why do you need to be so optimistic about it if it's minor?/green

Actually I think I'm right. I say it's 50/50.

If they played on sunday I would bet he played no problem. 

3 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

9th career season, 3rd career start.  His first pass on Thursday will be the 79th pass of his career.  Buckle up fellas.  I'm certain he knows the offense to a T, but that only takes you so far.

I hope we see positive news come out and we are watching Mitchell kick some ass on Thursday!  

Please don't let this be a Tannehill situation.  He's missed like 5 games with what was originally a "mild" shoulder injury. Stupid dirty hit.  Than again, it is the absolute risk you have when your QB runs as much as Mitch does. No matter how good he is at it, the probability for an injury goes up.  

14 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Please don't let this be a Tannehill situation.  He's missed like 5 games with what was originally a "mild" shoulder injury. Stupid dirty hit.  Than again, it is the absolute risk you have when your QB runs as much as Mitch does. No matter how good he is at it, the probability for an injury goes up.  

We have to hope that Trubisky develops as a passer if he is to be the long term Bears quarterback. If his legs give out as he gets older, he might be one dimensional. Trubisky getting popped and having his ACL torn or getting concussions are my biggest concerns.

Whatever happens, it's very nice that they took care of business at home, so if they do lose tomorrow, they are still in a good spot.  

I've seen so much on Twitter about how Daniel knows the system up & down and this is why they are paying him $5 million a year.  All I can think about is 2 career starts & 78 passes in 8 years, and the name Jonathan Quinn pops in my head.  😣

2 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Whatever happens, it's very nice that they took care of business at home, so if they do lose tomorrow, they are still in a good spot.  

I've seen so much on Twitter about how Daniel knows the system up & down and this is why they are paying him $5 million a year.  All I can think about is 2 career starts & 78 passes in 8 years, and the name Jonathan Quinn pops in my head.  😣

Yeah, there's a reason he's in his 30s and has 480 career passing yards. I think the Lions win this one. Hope I'm wrong.