Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

FWIW their rookie sensation Kerryon Johnson is also out, will have to lean on Blount and Riddick.

We don't need Chase to be great to win this game. We have won games where Mitch struggled. So hopefully defense along with Howard/Cohen steps up tomorrow. But playing away in Detroit on a short week I could see defense slipping a bit in this one.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

24 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, there's a reason he's in his 30s and has 480 career passing yards. I think the Lions win this one. Hope I'm wrong. 

One of those reasons is he had a run of incredibly healthy QBs ahead of him. 

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

One of those reasons is he had a run of incredibly healthy QBs ahead of him. 

That’s true. But if he were as good as the Twitter guys are trying to say he is, he would have gotten a shot as a starter somewhere in the past decade. That’s my point. 

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Whatever happens, it's very nice that they took care of business at home, so if they do lose tomorrow, they are still in a good spot.  

I've seen so much on Twitter about how Daniel knows the system up & down and this is why they are paying him $5 million a year.  All I can think about is 2 career starts & 78 passes in 8 years, and the name Jonathan Quinn pops in my head.  😣

Agreed but then I remember that this is not the Bears of Old.  This is a system that randoms have the opportunity to come in and play solid to great. 

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

That’s true. But if he were as good as the Twitter guys are trying to say he is, he would have gotten a shot as a starter somewhere in the past decade. That’s my point. 

I don’t know what the twitter guys are saying but I think Daniel May very well be at that Ryan Fitzpatrick level he just never got a shot.

5 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Agreed. That's why I mentioned Jon Quinn. Not sure if the younger guys would remember him, he was praised year after year as the smartest backup and the best QB mentor to have on the sideline. Then one year the Bears ran into major QB trouble,  he actually had to play a few games and was basically Nathan Peterman. Never signed another NFL contract

50 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

If Howard isn't gonna get carries on a day like today, then they really should have traded him earlier. 

A team with great interior linemen is a touch matchup for him. Their rushing stats are misleading because teams have had more success against them running outside (with guys like Cohen), and before they acquired Damon Harrison. 

Edited by Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

You cannot understate this win.  Winning on the road, in a short week with a backup QB who has a microscopic amount of first team snaps.  Outstanding.  Great work.  

Agreed. I fully expected to lose one of the last two games, and since we beat Minnesota, I saw this as a probable loss. But there are just far too many playmakers on our defense for that to have happened.