Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Told you they are just being overly cautious! 

Which we know I don't like. I think its a dangerous game to play in the NFL. That said, better knowing Mitch is okay. The real question is how his body responds tomorrow.  

34 minutes ago, Tony said:

Right, as we saw with Rice, video changes the entire ballgame. 

Joe Mixon is another one.  He's comfortably in the league right now, but once the video was released he got put through the ringer and still faces scorn when his name is dropped.  I don't feel like Tyreek Hill gets any of that.

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Which we know I don't like. I think its a dangerous game to play in the NFL. That said, better knowing Mitch is okay. The real question is how his body responds tomorrow.  

I agree that no game is a gimme.  On the flip side, remember how ineffective Mack was in the Miami and NE games after spraining his ankle?  I know some of that was due to opponent's schemes, but maybe Daniel at 100% is safer than Mitchell at 60/70%

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Joe Mixon is another one.  He's comfortably in the league right now, but once the video was released he got put through the ringer and still faces scorn when his name is dropped.  I don't feel like Tyreek Hill gets any of that.

All they ever say during games with Hill is that he fell in the draft because of off field "concerns".

They should say he fell in the draft because he choked and punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach. 

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Wow! I would say they are an extremely classy organization... but Tyreek Hill is still employed by the organization. 

It sounds like they didn't cut him for hitting a woman. They cut him for lying about hitting a woman.

I'll weigh in since I'm probably one of a couple Chiefs fans here. First off the Chiefs have generally had success in taking troubled players. They get them later in the draft compared to their actual talent. Recently this has worked more than not. Dontarie Poe, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones to name some. As for Kareem Hunt, when this incident happened in February, the police were called and no arrests were made. He claimed she was saying racial slurs. Probably could be true, might not be. But now there is video evidence which is obviously true. It sucks he's gone, I'm not happy, but I don't blame the organization for that. But the comment about Tyreek Hill isn't completely accurate with KC because he hasn't done anything wrong that we know of while in the NFL.

17 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

It sounds like they didn't cut him for hitting a woman. They cut him for lying about hitting a woman.

"Lying". That org fully knew what happened  (and I'm willing to bet the NFL too) and they're trying to save face. Meant to add that in my post too.

Edited by SoxAce

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m shocked. Not saying it’s the wrong call, but shocked the Chiefs acted his quickly. 

I'm guessing they asked him what happened, he told them his version. They probably asked if he hit her, he probably said no. They probably said if anything comes out that you weren't telling the truth about, you're gone unless you let us know right now. He probably stuck with his story. Who really knows.

7 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

I'm guessing they asked him what happened, he told them his version. They probably asked if he hit her, he probably said no. They probably said if anything comes out that you weren't telling the truth about, you're gone unless you let us know right now. He probably stuck with his story. Who really knows.

I wonder how many women have the cajones to slap and throw racial slurs at NFL players? I can see why no charges were filed but You can't beat women. End of story.

9 minutes ago, Boogua said:

Hopefully when he finishes his suspension his history with Nagy will give us an upper hand in getting him.

Ray McDonald insured that the Bears will never try that again.  At least not the current ownership

25 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

I'll weigh in since I'm probably one of a couple Chiefs fans here. First off the Chiefs have generally had success in taking troubled players. They get them later in the draft compared to their actual talent. Recently this has worked more than not. Dontarie Poe, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones to name some. As for Kareem Hunt, when this incident happened in February, the police were called and no arrests were made. He claimed she was saying racial slurs. Probably could be true, might not be. But now there is video evidence which is obviously true. It sucks he's gone, I'm not happy, but I don't blame the organization for that. But the comment about Tyreek Hill isn't completely accurate with KC because he hasn't done anything wrong that we know of while in the NFL.

Kelce was taken in the third round. Jones was taken in the second round. Poe was taken in the first round.

12 minutes ago, Boogua said:

Hopefully when he finishes his suspension his history with Nagy will give us an upper hand in getting him.

Can’t say I didn’t think of the same thing initially although I hope his punishment is SEVERE and honestly it should involve jail time.

43 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Wow! I would say they are an extremely classy organization... but Tyreek Hill is still employed by the organization. 

IIRC, Hill was punished albeit not very severe compared to the crime. He was thrown out of school, had some courses to take, got put on probation and consequently was drafted late costing him millions.

Edited by soxfan49

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Kelce was taken in the third round. Jones was taken in the second round. Poe was taken in the first round.

Can’t say I didn’t think of the same thing initially although I hope his punishment is SEVERE and honestly it should involve jail time.

IIRC, Hill was punished albeit not very severe compared to the crime. He was thrown out of school, had some courses to take, got put on probation and consequently was drafted late costing him millions.

Kelce, Hill, and Jones would all be drafted higher if there was a redo.

18 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I wonder how many women have the cajones to slap and throw racial slurs at NFL players? I can see why no charges were filed but You can't beat women. End of story.

I never condoned that. In fact as much as I hate losing him I have to agree with the organization. 

6 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

Kelce, Hill, and Jones would all be drafted higher if there was a redo.

And so would a lot of guys, but you said the Chiefs have taken a chance on a lot of “troubled players” and getting them later in the draft. Poe was taken 11th overall. The others weren’t taken in the first round but both in the top 25% of their drafts. I just wouldn’t have included those three in your example, that’s all. It doesn’t make sense.

Edited by soxfan49