Royals-Sox

Heads22

Just now, fathom said:

that wasn't lazy, he just took his eye off the ball.  When it boils down to it, Madrigal gives you the chance to have a special fielder at 2nd and is very unlikely to have the arm strength to change positions.  Yoan is giving you below average defense and should have the arm to play 3rd or CF, etc.

I'm not talking about that play specifically.  I'm talking about the culmination of a number of his brain farts.  He's good...he knows it....everybody's told him.  Maybe it just comes so easy to him he seems like he doesn't have to put in the effort.  Personally...those kind of players aren't my faves....

1 minute ago, ttommarello823 said:

So what we’re seeing here is a team in the Royals who know what they are doing with developing talent and rebuilding vs. a team that is clueless.   The Royals look much improved from earlier in the year and The Sox look the same.

But Getzie left KC for the Sox...!

Just now, ttommarello823 said:

So what we’re seeing here is a team in the Royals who know what they are doing with developing talent and rebuilding vs. a team that is clueless.   The Royals look much improved from earlier in the year and The Sox look the same.

both team suck, but Sox have infinitely better prospects.  I guarantee you every KC fan would switch places with the White Sox rebuild if they could.

1 minute ago, ttommarello823 said:

Other than Merrifield, they haven’t developed any position players...Cuthbert had an impressive rookie year, then fell back.  If Mondesi is for real, it has taken 3-4 years of failure to become a legit starter offensively.

4 minutes ago, Wanne said:

yeah...that's why I'm not really sweating this train wreck.

This is one of those games where you just need to focus on those that will still be playing with the Sox come 2020 (likely Yoan/Timmy) from the starting lineup.  Some of these guys are just as likely to be playing for the Long Island Ducks in 2020 as they are a major league team.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

that wasn't lazy, he just took his eye off the ball.  When it boils down to it, Madrigal gives you the chance to have a special fielder at 2nd and is very unlikely to have the arm strength to change positions.  Yoan is giving you below average defense and should have the arm to play 3rd or CF, etc.

Forget about Moncada in outfield.  What's he gonna do, beat out Eloy, Robert, et al?

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

The Sox are currently playing Madrigal at SS.  That should give you a clue as to how far out they are thinking with him, and perhaps who is the odd man out...

He's played 2nd base all but one game I believe

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This is one of those games where you just need to focus on those that will still be playing with the Sox come 2020 (likely Yoan/Timmy) from the starting lineup.  Some of these guys are just as likely to be playing for the Long Island Ducks in 2020 as they are a major league team.

this is one of those seasons is more like it.  So much dead weight mediocre crap on this team...

I hope the Sox lose as much as possible this year while keep their big names prospects down 1. For a better pick, 2. To save service time on those guys and 3. To make the season more miserable for the insufferable meatball fans like Faust

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hot FiRe said:

I hope the Sox lose as much as possible this year while keep their big names prospects down 1. For a better pick, 2. To save service time on those guys and 3. To make the season more miserable for the insufferable meatball fans like Faust

Lol - geez, you’ve hit rock bottom if Ron is breaking bad on you!