Royals-Sox

Heads22

4 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

I hope the Sox lose as much as possible this year while keep their big names prospects down 1. For a better pick, 2. To save service time on those guys and 3. To make the season more miserable for the insufferable meatball fans like Faust

They could have traded Abreu and given you Skole or Delmonico every day for the remainder of the season at 1st.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

They could have traded Abreu and given you Skole or Delmonico every day for the remainder of the season at 1st.

I wish they would have. Too bad Abreu is such trash whenever the Sox need him to be good. I bet he has a great 2nd half of the year. 

10 minutes ago, ottawa_sox said:

What difference making free agent from this coming offseason, other than a confirmed masochist, would choose this team.  That's my biggest concern with what we are witnessing.

The team is in no position to sign FAs anyway.  There's not one position of strength, other than utility player and one starting pitcher (and a few maybes). 
If they did sign FAs, they would do other silly things and this rebuild would peak out at about the Hahn level, which is 78-80 wins.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ottawa_sox said:

What difference making free agent from this coming offseason, other than a confirmed masochist, would choose this team.  That's my biggest concern with what we are witnessing.

Well, the formula isn't "blow it all up, sign free agents, win".  There are a few more steps than that.

I suggest you go swap your pinstripes for Yankee pinstripes if rebuilding correctly upsets you.

1 minute ago, AustinIllini said:

Well, the formula isn't "blow it all up, sign free agents, win".  There are a few more steps than that.

I suggest you go swap your pinstripes for Yankee pinstripes if rebuilding correctly upsets you.

The poster never said that.  

2 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

The poster implied we should be looking for FAs and no FA would sign here.  That's not where we are.

Keep up, FOF

And the “blow it up” part which you accused the poster of implying?  Where did you come up with that?

Just now, Fan O'Faust said:

And the “blow it up” part which you accused the poster of implying?  Where did you come up with that?

Uh...

We already blew it up, FOF.  Your beloved Chris Sale, who apparently is worth an entire rebuild, is gone and so is Quintana.  And Eaton. And on and on.  

FOF, what's going on, dude?  Are you sure you follow the White Sox?

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

yolmer sanchez....not the building block of the future... don't see it at all.

Utility player who gets most of playing time against tough righties.  Obviously a good clubhouse guy, but by no means is he a starter.

2 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

6 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The team is in no position to sign FAs anyway.  There's not one position of strength, other than utility player and one starting pitcher (and a few maybes). 
If they did sign FAs, they would do other silly things and this rebuild would peak out at about the Hahn level, which is 78-80 wins.

The suggestion at the beginning of the season was that they would have lots of money available to make an offer to the appropriate free agent(s).  I believe Hahn said as much.  The implication was that they would be able to fill in areas of need for the big push.  To me, this does not imply that you would have to wait until 1 given year to add a player(s).  If after this year the assessment is that, for instance, there is no suitable 3rd baseman in the pipeline for say the next 2 or 3 years, then adding a Machado a year early might make sense.  Where does the line "blow it all up, for free agents" or the insult of swapping pinstripes for Yankee pinstripes fit into this idea.  My guess is I have been a Sox fan longer than you have been on this planet.

Just now, ottawa_sox said:

The suggestion at the beginning of the season was that they would have lots of money available to make an offer to the appropriate free agent(s).  I believe Hahn said as much.  The implication was that they would be able to fill in areas of need for the big push.  To me, this does not imply that you would have to wait until 1 given year to add a player(s).  If after this year the assessment is that, for instance, there is no suitable 3rd baseman in the pipeline for say the next 2 or 3 years, then adding a Machado a year early might make sense.  Where does the line "blow it all up, for free agents" or the insult of swapping pinstripes for Yankee pinstripes fit into this idea.  My guess is I have been a Sox fan longer than you have been on this planet.

That might be a bit premature.  

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The ones we offer the most money to?  🤷‍♂️

I hope this proves true.  But as our ineptitude becomes more concrete, you would think the pressure to not sign here would increase as the amount of money needed to entice a highly sought after player moves towards an untenable position. 

Just now, ottawa_sox said:

I hope this proves true.  But as our ineptitude becomes more concrete, you would think the pressure to not sign here would increase as the amount of money needed to entice a highly sought after player moves towards an untenable position. 

Eric Hosmer signed with the Padres in December because they offered him the most money. The Padres haven't made the playoffs since 2006. It's all about the money for most of these guys

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Fat chance.