8/4 Games

BamaDoc

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

We’ll have to see what they do with Curbelo.  IMO, he should probably start 2019 in Kannapolis again.

I wasn’t around when we drafted Curbelo. How did the level of excitement surrounding him compare to that of Bush right now? Did he also have a nice start to his professional career?

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

I wasn’t around when we drafted Curbelo. How did the level of excitement surrounding him compare to that of Bush right now? Did he also have a nice start to his professional career?

People were pretty excited about him, but quite frankly he wasn’t very good his first year.  Bush’s start has been unbelievable and the scouting reports back it up.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

September ? If Cease can pitch this way in AAA next for the 1st few months and the Sox sign some free agents and look to compete I can see it by June .

Really I just wanted the Simpsons video again.

No the Sox must wait for the extra year of control. No bringing up players in the middle of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing to keep in mind with Cease is he's still building up his innings. He had 93.1 in 2017 and currently sits at 106.1 so far this season. I can see keeping him in the minors for the 2019 season to continue building up his innings and then call him up mid April 2020. 

2 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

One thing to keep in mind with Cease is he's still building up his innings. He had 93.1 in 2017 and currently sits at 106.1 so far this season. I can see keeping him in the minors for the 2019 season to continue building up his innings and then call him up mid April 2020. 

2019 white sox rotation rodon, kopech, giolito, cease, lopez. 

31 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I’m excited about Bush, but he’s got a lot of work to do on his swing plane. That GO/FO number looks insane.

Bush...#978 draft pick. 1st among all picks in OPS (>1100). 4th in SP. 5th in OBP. A most excellent pick so far.

18 minutes ago, Flash said:

Perusing 8/4 results and it appears Bennett Sousa RP from Virginia could rise quickly to join Hamilton, Johnson, Burr, Burdi, et al as future late inning flamethrower. He's 23 yrs old and close to unhittable so far.

I’m glad Sousa is doing well, but he’s a senior who signed for $10k and is most definitely not a flamethrower.  He’s going to demonstrate some serious numbers at higher levels to join the foursome of guys you listed.

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We’ll have to see what they do with Curbelo.  IMO, he should probably start 2019 in Kannapolis again.

They could hold back Nunes for a month in instructionals, let Curbelo start in Kanny and then promote him or start using DH rotation for ABs