8/4 Games

BamaDoc

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I think he is better then Kopech. He has way better control and numbers

I think you have to compare their AA seasons.  Kopech was pretty dominant in AA last year as well.  I'm glad we don't have to choose.  Crazy that Hahn probably got more for Quintana than Sale when all is said and done.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

I think you have to compare their AA seasons.  Kopech was pretty dominant in AA last year as well.  I'm glad we don't have to choose.  Crazy that Hahn probably got more for Quintana than Sale when all is said and done.

Crazy isn't it? Kopech has been pretty good his last 4 starts as well. 24 IP, 19 H, 4 BB, 32 K, 6 ER. 12 K/9, 1.5 BB/9, 0.96 WHIP, 2.25 ERA.

Can you imagine a rotation next September with Rodon, Kopech, and Cease in it? Get Dunning & Burdi healthy and Hansen right. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

So Bryce Bush has played 16 games in the org now. His 1st game is the only game where he didn't reach base. With the HBP in the 1st inning, he's reached base 15/16 times since he turned pro.

I haven’t been this excited about a prep pick in like forever.  It’s obviously very early, but it sounds like the bat is legit.

• Like 1

I attended the winston salem game tonight in Kinston, NC. Got to see Madrigal. Madrigal is small, but he is so quick with the bat.

Nobody stuck out tonight, Gavin Sheets is a big boy and was fun to talk to. Had box seats right at the on deck circle. My buddy said Wake Forest sucks and Gavin turned around and said, "You couldnt get in there could you." He was a good sport. Didnt hit worth a darn. Has a slow swing in my opinion.

Robert, Adolpho not playing.

Rutherford looks like he is getting bigger compared to last year when I saw him. Has 6 HRs now and you could possibly see some power coming from him with his body type.

Lincoln Henzman pitched well but must have been on a pitch count or something. Seems to throw 3 innings per game and Pulled in the 3rd despite only letting up 1 run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Crazy isn't it? Kopech has been pretty good his last 4 starts as well. 24 IP, 19 H, 4 BB, 32 K, 6 ER. 12 K/9, 1.5 BB/9, 0.96 WHIP, 2.25 ERA.

Can you imagine a rotation next September with Rodon, Kopech, and Cease in it? Get Dunning & Burdi healthy and Hansen right. 

giphy.gif

September ? If Cease can pitch this way in AAA next for the 1st few months and the Sox sign some free agents and look to compete I can see it by June .

Really I just wanted the Simpsons video again.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside