White Sox at Tampa 8.5 game thread

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Thanks. I'm really getting sick of the whining, b****ing and moaning about every single at bat that results in an out. I started a thread for the  grouches of the board who like to whine about everything. 

I know you're not new here.  Have you not spent much time in game threads?

6 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I have spent much time in gamethreads. I don't mind it as much when the team is supposed to win. I've been guilty of it in those seasons.  This is the first true rebuild since I've been here(I found this board in the 05-06 offseason)  so overanalyzing every at bat is beyond insufferable. I prefer to look at the macro, rather than the micro, in this process. As long as the young players are making improvements, I really don't care about results. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I have spent much time in gamethreads. I don't mind it as much when the team is supposed to win. I've been guilty of it in those seasons.  This is the first true rebuild since I've been here(I found this board in the 05-06 offseason)  so overanalyzing every at bat is beyond insufferable. I prefer to look at the macro, rather than the micro, in this process. As long as the young players are making improvements, I really don't care about results. 

I see.  Well, please make a thread letting everybody know when its OK with you to start doing it again.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I see.  Well, please make a thread letting everybody know when its OK with you to start doing it again.

I've become a smarter fan since my early 20s. I don't attach an entire season to one at bat anymore. This is Baseball. Baseball is like a dog.  It is your friend. Even if it pisses you off on one day, you get to start new tomorrow. You still love it, and it still loves you. 

19 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Man this crap was not allowed here back in the day. Seems as like a lot of the mods have gotten older and probably families and jobs its been much more lenient. I'm ok with talking about bad plays but the Ricky bashing and player bashing has gotten out of hand. I mean I've seen whole game threads just of b****ing and moaning about every lil thing. And yes I've been here since the board opened back in 02/03

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Man this crap was not allowed here back in the day. Seems as like a lot of the mods have gotten older and probably families and jobs its been much more lenient. I'm ok with talking about bad plays but the Ricky bashing and player bashing has gotten out of hand. I mean I've seen whole game threads just of b****ing and moaning about every lil thing. And yes I've been here since the board opened back in 02/03

I only point out RR sucks when he does something egregiously bad. That is more often than I'd like. I agree that this place has become too much of the wild west. But if you go to a place like WSI, with super strict mods that place is a ghost town. Finding the balance is a tricky thing to do. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I only point out RR sucks when he does something egregiously bad. That is more often than I'd like. I agree that this place has become too much of the wild west. But if you go to a place like WSI, with super strict mods that place is a ghost town. Finding the balance is a tricky thing to do. 

There was a balance here and the boards I first started at. Which were the old tribune boards back in 99 which became world crossing boards until they shut down

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

There was a balance here and the boards I first started at. Which were the old tribune boards back in 99 which became world crossing boards until they shut down

I know. It was wonderful for so long and then all of the sudden around 2016 when a lot of people(including myself) started criticizing management left and right, it seemed the mods agreed they deserved criticism and got lax. It got better last year, but now that some of the more important players in the rebuild are up and there are some growing pains nobody can be objective and it is all Moncada/Lopez/Giolito sucks and TATIS!!!!! all of the time. I've moved on from Fernando Tatis Jr. He wasn't even here long enough for most to know who he is. I try to forget that he was ever Sox property. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know. It was wonderful for so long and then all of the sudden around 2016 when a lot of people(including myself) started criticizing management left and right, it seemed the mods agreed they deserved criticism and got lax. It got better last year, but now that some of the more important players in the rebuild are up and there are some growing pains nobody can be objective and it is all Moncada/Lopez/Giolito sucks and TATIS!!!!! all of the time. I've moved on from Fernando Tatis Jr. He wasn't even here long enough for most to know who he is. I try to forget that he was ever Sox property. 

Agree on Tatis. No one had a clue he’d end up this way. I doubt Cubs fans think about the fact that they once had Luis Gonzalez, Palmeiro, Garland, etc so we should give it up on Tatis. The Sox also drafted Eric Gagne. I didn’t see a bunch of complaining about that error back then so let’s let this Tatis thing die