**Media/Press Thread**

Brian

With the attacks on the media from 45 and biased cable news stations and outlets for both sides, thought I'd try a media thread after Facebook banned InfoWars and Alex Jones this morning.

Alt right is up in arms. I don't believe in censorship but Facebook is a private company and can choose who and what to ban from their site.

And F InfoWars and Alex Jones, so it is funny to me.

Edited by Brian

32 minutes ago, Brian said:

With the attacks on the media from 45 and biased cable news stations and outlets for both sides, thought I'd try a media thread after Facebook banned InfoWars and Alex Jones this morning.

Alt right is up in arms. I don't believe in censorship but Facebook is a private company and can choose who and what to ban from their site.

And F InfoWars and Alex Jones, so it is funny to me.

Zuckerberg will predictably get hammered by Trump tweets...it would be funny if he responded back “at least my wife is a real American,” then pushed one of those big red nuclear button props that reads “adios QAnon, goodbye NRA...now permanently banned from the platform, and you too, Avenatti and Guiliani.”

Of course, that would have a ripple affect on FB stock because he’d be losing 20-25% of his user base and probably incur an assassination attempt as well.

28 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What kind of responsibility will the WH take when something actually does happen to a journalist as a result of all the Trump/Sarah Sanders BS? I guess I already know, none. 

you mean like when a gunman stormed into an office filled with news reporters and kills five of them, like what happened last month?

Yea, nothing

On Tuesday, @jack on Twitter said that Infowars wasn't taken down there because they hadn't broken any of Twitter's rules. On Wednesday, one of Twitter's VPs sent around an email saying that the videos that caused them to be pulled down from the other networks weren't posted on Twitter. Today, CNN ran article showing that yes, those videos were all cross posted on Twitter, and also outlining dozens of tweets that violated specific twitter rules and which rule they violated. Those accounts are still there but after CNN Posted their article, those specific tweets were removed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:12 AM, Kyyle23 said:

you mean like when a gunman stormed into an office filled with news reporters and kills five of them, like what happened last month?

Yea, nothing

I'm actually a little surprised Trump hasn't been brought up in a lawsuit about this. I know he is a sitting president and all, but he IS posting from his personal account.  I'm sure there is a legal reason why, or maybe they are waiting until after he is out of office, but still....