Just Missed - Prospects who missed the Midseason Top 30, still on radar

NorthSideSox72

Nice list!  Especially happy to see Eddy Alvarez get a mention — I hope he gets a cup of coffee this Sept. Looking forward to the full list over the next couple of days. So barring any surprises, I extrapolate that Fisher, Polo, Yurchak, Zangari, Skoug, Trey M. are waaay off the radar at this point!

Took a lot of self-control to not have Bush in the top 30. I think he might be, but good on you guys for needing to see more. Pretty telling how good the system is when Bush, Rivera, and Stiever don't even crack the top 30.

Of the group I can see jumping into legit prospect status (bush already mentioned):

- Mieses

- Delgado

- Stiever

Best middle reliever trade bait when we are good:

- Forbes

Missing from even this list but I still think could have a leap:

- Anderson Comas

is Fulmer still a "prospect" status?

I wonder where he'll slot in. To me he's probably in the 20-30 range.

But yes, some nice names there. Just as nice is this year is almost over which means probably just 1-2 more years of salivating over this list in the minors and instead seeing it play out on the Southside.

12 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

is Fulmer still a "prospect" status?

I wonder where he'll slot in. To me he's probably in the 20-30 range.

But yes, some nice names there. Just as nice is this year is almost over which means probably just 1-2 more years of salivating over this list in the minors and instead seeing it play out on the Southside.

Carson Fulmer is no longer eligible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buehrlesque said:

Nice list!  Especially happy to see Eddy Alvarez get a mention — I hope he gets a cup of coffee this Sept. Looking forward to the full list over the next couple of days. So barring any surprises, I extrapolate that Fisher, Polo, Yurchak, Zangari, Skoug, Trey M. are waaay off the radar at this point!

Has Polo been hurt all year or what? 

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I'd probably rank fulmer in 20-30. I don't think he'll be good, but he does have some wicked stuff and sometimes those guys click on a time frame all their own.

During the podcast Hahn mentioned that there had recently been discussions with another club or two about prospect for prospect type trades. He said these are unlikely to get done during the season, but that they would likely be revisited in the offseason. Would have to imagine he's talking about the glut of outfielders we have? 

10 hours ago, bmags said:

I'd probably rank fulmer in 20-30. I don't think he'll be good, but he does have some wicked stuff and sometimes those guys click on a time frame all their own.

Fulmer's ceiling at this point looks to be a 7th inning guy. The scouts who had him pegged for the bullpen were right. What a waste of a top ten pick. 

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I know you guys caveated it, but I think Bush is firmly a top 30 prospect at this point.  His start has been so impressive & when combined with the scouting reprints there are reasons to believe he’s a legit prospect. 

I think this list would look different for Bush if this process had started today instead of a few weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Good context there and you’re definitely right.  No one could have imagined Bush would have been this good out of the gate as an 18 year old.

The initial voting process we used, started in mid-July. We had nary an in-person report at that time. The in-person reports from a couple sources started coming in right around the end of our process, and of course his numbers kept climbing.

• Like 1