Levine: Eloy to be called up soon, possibly this week

Jose Abreu

7 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

So is Levine just speculating based on Getz’ comments, or does he know something we don’t?

Seriously. This has been Levine's m.o. for a while now. Hard to know if this is a report or just his pure opinion based on circumstances.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Seriously. This has been Levine's m.o. for a while now. Hard to know if this is a report or just his pure opinion based on circumstances.

Opinion, or more like just a guess they hope to get right. 

Honestly, I think some of these Cubs fan reporters try to bait the Sox into doing something stupid...even though I think the Sox know exactly when they’re coming up.

If it’s not this week, I see no point in doing it this year.

My hope...4/12/2019

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Opinion, or more like just a guess they hope to get right. 

Honestly, I think some of these Cubs fan reporters try to bait the Sox into doing something stupid...even though I think the Sox know exactly when they’re coming up.

If it’s not this week, I see no point in doing it this year.

My hope...4/12/2019

Come on, they aren't trying to bait sox into doing something stupid. They were just as up in arms over Bryant at the time.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Come on, they aren't trying to bait sox into doing something stupid. They were just as up in arms over Bryant at the time.

Bait might not be right word, but I do think some of these reporters that are clearly Cubs fans want the Sox to start their clocks now because it’s probably the wrong move right now.

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Levine: Eloy to be called up soon, possibly this week
31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Talk about a bet with nothing to lose.

Haha nice.  The whole scooping sports trades is the funniest waste of time a grown man or woman can pursue in my opinion.  Maybe that was a bit hyperbolic, but I sure don’t care if I know about a trade a half hour before a team announces it, or a day, or whenever.  It’s still not official and I’m not rushing to pass on the info   

The worst part is the props given out.  Like “good job and shout out to TwitterGuy65 and Ken Rosenthal for scooping the trade”.  Poor Ken Rosenthal.  He spends his whole day as this little rat running around looking for cheese that adds up to nothing.  What Ken, you told us an hour earlier than it was announced?  Or you  were used to send out misinformation?  

Why do we encourage this waste of time with congrats?  Am I missing something?

• Like 1

They want to make sure the Sox d

12 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I think the White Sox and their fans will regret not having the extra year, but if they are going to do it this year, what the hell are they waiting for?

They want to make sure the Sox don't win too many more games. Damn 4 game winning streak came at the worst time. Eloy will just contribute to the Sox losing a better draft pick. Our 1st memories of him shouldn't be helping the Sox win meaningless games and losing draft status.

Yes there are good reasons also to bring him up and bad reasons. The only thing that makes me want him up more than keep him down is he just deserves it. He's earned it.

Call him up.

I mean, in all seriousness, fellas, does 2025 really matter? We're trying to win in 2020. Let the man come up and take his growing pains up here already. If we are dependent on Eloy Jimenez for continued success in 2025, we failed to create sustainable success (think Kansas City).

If Eloy comes up and rocks it, awesome. See if we can extend him or retain him in FA come the end of 2024. If he wants to leave, whatever- we'll have Bryce Bush, Steele Walker and our 2020-2021 draft class to keep us winning indefinitely.

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Jack or Fathom. But Fathom complains about everything. :)

If Eloy actually plays a passable LF, I'll give him credit for it. I'm going on scouting reports, which say he's bad. I haven't seen enough of him to say if that is actually true or not. Every time I've had an opportunity to catch a Knights game on NBCSNCHI, Eloy has had the night off. 

2 hours ago, The Sir said:

Call him up.

I mean, in all seriousness, fellas, does 2025 really matter? We're trying to win in 2020. Let the man come up and take his growing pains up here already. If we are dependent on Eloy Jimenez for continued success in 2025, we failed to create sustainable success (think Kansas City).

If Eloy comes up and rocks it, awesome. See if we can extend him or retain him in FA come the end of 2024. If he wants to leave, whatever- we'll have Bryce Bush, Steele Walker and our 2020-2021 draft class to keep us winning indefinitely.

Yes 2025 does matter. And I don't think the Sox are close to contending in 2020 so I think the question to ask is "Does 2020 really matter?"