8/6 Games

bmags

• bmags pinned this topic
4 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Love the pitch counts from the DSL.  Wonder how a guy even comes up with them.  Perez 7ip on 34 pitches. LOL, its that way all the time.  Don't know how accurate other stats are as well.  

I don't know where you are seeing a pitch count, but the way they do pitchcounts it seems based on your 34 numbers is.....

Non-strikeout out = 1 pitch

Strikeout = 2 more pitches

Hit = 1 pitch

Walk = 1 pitch

So Perez pitched 7 innings (21 outs). So that's 21 pitches. 4 of those were strikeouts, so add 8 more. That gives you 29. He gave up 4 hits, so add 4 more. That gives you 33. Then a walk must equal 1 pitch for some reason, so that would give you 34 pitches.

I feel like 37 pitches makes a lot more sense, but that's the best guess I can make based on his line. 

7 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I don't know where you are seeing a pitch count, but the way they do pitchcounts it seems based on your 34 numbers is.....

Hit = 1 pitch

Walk = 1 pitch

So Perez pitched 7 innings (21 outs). So that's 21 pitches. 4 of those were strikeouts, so add 8 more. That gives you 29. He gave up 4 hits, so add 4 more. That gives you 33. Then a walk must equal 1 pitch for some reason, so that would give you 34 pitches.

I feel like 37 pitches makes a lot more sense, but that's the best guess I can make based on his line. 

The boxes from mlb.com, which I do not typically look at, has that for a pitch count with pitchers stats. The milb.com box does not have a pitch count listed anywhere.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:00 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Hit = 1 pitch

Walk = 1 pitch

He could've gotten double plays after all 4 of the hits. Those are 1 pitch, 2 out plays. Based on the pitch count, he would've had to get a minimum of 3 double plays for it to work. Then you have:

21 outs (18 pitches) 4 Ks (8 pitches) 1 BB (4 pitches) 4 hits (4 pitches) for a total of 34 pitches in 7 innings.