Midseason 16-30 - the back half of the FutureSox T30

NorthSideSox72

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Great job, as always. I appreciate the time you guys put into this. Looking forward to 1-15. 

Twi quick things:

1. You have Alex Call listed as a 2018 draft pick. 

2. Has there ever been any discussion on presenting the list in descending order? 

Thanks. Good catch on Call - just fixed the typo. Sorry about that! At least we got his round right, haha.

We used to just release the full 30 all at once, but that makes for a reeeeeaaaalllllly long article so we broke it up. And we thought the slow burn from Just Missed, to 16-30, to 1-15 (and full list) was better at building suspense.

2 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Thanks. Good catch on Call - just fixed the typo. Sorry about that! At least we got his round right, haha.

We used to just release the full 30 all at once, but that makes for a reeeeeaaaalllllly long article so we broke it up. And we thought the slow burn from Just Missed, to 16-30, to 1-15 (and full list) was better at building suspense.

I think he's just saying start at 30 and work your way to 16 rather than starting at 16 and working your way to 30.

1 minute ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I think the other poster means list the 16-30 in this article backwards. Do 30 first and 16th last. I just start at bottom and read from bottom-top. Same difference.

2 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my second point. I was wondering if there is discussion on the way each individual list is presented. For example, with 16-30, you would have 30 at the top and then as we read the article, we see 29, then 28, etc. I always scroll to the bottom of the article and read backwards because I want to see it in descending order. 

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think he's just saying start at 30 and work your way to 16 rather than starting at 16 and working your way to 30.

6 minutes ago, MnSoxFan said:

I think the other poster means list the 16-30 in this article backwards. Do 30 first and 16th last. I just start at bottom and read from bottom-top. Same difference.

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Sorry, I wasn’t clear on my second point. I was wondering if there is discussion on the way each individual list is presented. For example, with 16-30, you would have 30 at the top and then as we read the article, we see 29, then 28, etc. I always scroll to the bottom of the article and read backwards because I want to see it in descending order. 

Ya don't say? Haha

No we've never given that much thought, but I'll put it in front of the writers and see what people think for the next one.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

2nd this idea.

2 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Ya don't say? Haha

No we've never given that much thought, but I'll put it in front of the writers and see what people think for the next one.

I'm in favor of the countdown style 👍

• Haha 1

And as to this list, I am going to go out on a limb and say that Ian Hamilton is the one who makes the biggest impact on the White Sox roster over the next decade.  His stuff is going to turn him into an anchor at the back of our future bullpen.

I will also say it is great to see some of the International players start to make some noise in a very deep White Sox system.  Micker is obviously a top 15 selection, and Sosa is in the top 30, with Mieses making the just missed list.  Plus they are getting important years from guys like Carlos Perez, Camilo Quintero (a darkhorse favorite of mine), Harvin Mendoza, Nunez, Beltre, and others.

28 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Your trolling is leaving a lot to be desired. Go refine it elsewhere and get back to me once you've improved, champ. 

How is this comment trolling? The White Sox took two advanced college power bats in the first two rounds of the 2017 draft. Neither of those picks are looking so hot right now and are sliding down every prospect list. Is what I'm saying not true? 

I'd put Bush in there already even with limited PA personally. Kid was ranked in the top 50-55 overall as far as high schoolers (#3 3rd basemen) so he isn't a usual low round pick and play. Kid has a fantastic upside. Deserves to be in the top 30.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

And as to this list, I am going to go out on a limb and say that Ian Hamilton is the one who makes the biggest impact on the White Sox roster over the next decade.  His stuff is going to turn him into an anchor at the back of our future bullpen.

I will also say it is great to see some of the International players start to make some noise in a very deep White Sox system.  Micker is obviously a top 15 selection, and Sosa is in the top 30, with Mieses making the just missed list.  Plus they are getting important years from guys like Carlos Perez, Camilo Quintero (a darkhorse favorite of mine), Harvin Mendoza, Nunez, Beltre, and others.

My keyboard was about to burst into flames before I actually read your first sentence and realized you were talking about the 15-30 list.

I think sox fans are overrating these bullpen arms, or at least counting the chickens before they hatch. I sincerely hope they work out and am interested in watching it.

I'm on this Sosa/Mieses/Comas train. I like that they aren't striking out, and are staying healthy at a young age. I feel like one is gonna be a top ten player pretty soon.

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'd put Bush in there already even with limited PA personally. Kid was ranked in the top 50-55 overall as far as high schoolers (#3 3rd basemen) so he isn't a usual low round pick and play. Kid has a fantastic upside. Deserves to be in the top 30.

Same here.  The biggest reason for his omission is because he was drafted in the later rounds.  If he had been a 5th rounder, he would probably have made the list.  IMO.

sixth rounder cabrera weaver - not on the list. 4th rounder lency delgado - not on the list.

Bush has been awesome, but it was not so obvious he was better than either of those two during draft, and knowing based on his first few weeks that he was a top 30 guy is hard to do.

I think there is too strong a tendency to only want prospect rankings to confirm how you see things and not learn from the surprises when there are differences.

12 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Same here.  The biggest reason for his omission is because he was drafted in the later rounds.  If he had been a 5th rounder, he would probably have made the list.  IMO.

As was said above, there was a large lack of information on him.  No sources (1st or trusted 2nd hand) had seen him in person a few weeks ago when this process started.  I am positive that his position will change drastically in the off season just based on what we have already seen from Bryce.

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

My keyboard was about to burst into flames before I actually read your first sentence and realized you were talking about the 15-30 list.

I think sox fans are overrating these bullpen arms, or at least counting the chickens before they hatch. I sincerely hope they work out and am interested in watching it.

I'm on this Sosa/Mieses/Comas train. I like that they aren't striking out, and are staying healthy at a young age. I feel like one is gonna be a top ten player pretty soon.

Ha, fair enough.  I will say that I have a large investment in what the Sox have been able to do with relievers through their system, especially ones with + stuff.  Hamilton and a couple of others are checking all of the boxes as a reliever in the very near future.

I didn't rank Bush personally because of fear of the dreaded sample sample size, but what he is doing in a limited look is really, really impressive. If he finishes the year strong in Great Falls, he should start 2019 in Kannapolis as a 19 year-old and will be fascinating to follow there. 

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Ha, fair enough.  I will say that I have a large investment in what the Sox have been able to do with relievers through their system, especially ones with + stuff.  Hamilton and a couple of others are checking all of the boxes as a reliever in the very near future.

I do think I'm leaning toward Hamilton and Burdi as the only bullpen arms I think I'd rank. I'm not sure how much I am to trust players like Johnson/Burr. But I hope I'm wrong because sox will be getting huge huge value out of their bullpen that they can spend elsewhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

As was said above, there was a large lack of information on him.  No sources (1st or trusted 2nd hand) had seen him in person a few weeks ago when this process started.  I am positive that his position will change drastically in the off season just based on what we have already seen from Bryce.

FutureSox will have an interview with tons of Bush information in the week or so! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, royoung said:

I didn't rank Bush personally because of fear of the dreaded sample sample size, but what he is doing in a limited look is really, really impressive. If he finishes the year strong in Great Falls, he should start 2019 in Kannapolis as a 19 year-old and will be fascinating to follow there. 

Knock on wood, but I'm just hoping all of our HS guys can get out of this year healthy. Year ending injuries in those years 18/19 recently have set back some promising players.