Midseason 16-30 - the back half of the FutureSox T30

NorthSideSox72

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I do think I'm leaning toward Hamilton and Burdi as the only bullpen arms I think I'd rank. I'm not sure how much I am to trust players like Johnson/Burr. But I hope I'm wrong because sox will be getting huge huge value out of their bullpen that they can spend elsewhere.

Both Burr and Johnson are putting up amazing numbers, but I think it terms of pure stuff I don't think I have seen anyone rank their stuff anywhere near to Hamilton and Burdi.  While optimistic, for me there is a clear separation there between the two sets of players.  For the Hamilton fan in me, I would love nothing more than to see Hamilton and Burr handing the ball to each other in the Sox pen for the next half decade.

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Both Burr and Johnson are putting up amazing numbers, but I think it terms of pure stuff I don't think I have seen anyone rank their stuff anywhere near to Hamilton and Burdi.  While optimistic, for me there is a clear separation there between the two sets of players.  For the Hamilton fan in me, I would love nothing more than to see Hamilton and Burr handing the ball to each other in the Sox pen for the next half decade.

I'd take Johnson's ceiling over Hamilton's, but Hamilton is more refined and much closer to ready at this point with less risk. Thus the higher ranking.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I do think I'm leaning toward Hamilton and Burdi as the only bullpen arms I think I'd rank. I'm not sure how much I am to trust players like Johnson/Burr. But I hope I'm wrong because sox will be getting huge huge value out of their bullpen that they can spend elsewhere.

My rule is that relievers either need an outside chance at starting or they need to be high-leverage types. I included Burdi, Hamilton and Johnson in my top 30. 

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

My rule is that relievers either need an outside chance at starting or they need to be high-leverage types. I included Burdi, Hamilton and Johnson in my top 30. 

I tend to agree with this, though my opinion here as changed in recent years as relievers have become more and more valuable to teams and on the open market.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Why not Ruiz? Is he more like a 6th/7th inning guy? 

He could be a high leverage type. I personally just don't think he's top 30 in a top 3 system in the sport. I ranked back end starters over him because they are more valuable. I generally don't rank relievers very high. Burdi/Hamilton/Johnson are a different animal IMO 

5 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Yeah, let's hold a freak injury against the organization. Totes. 

Well clearly they need to develop a better method to determine when an early 20s player is going to have their achilles tendon randomly rupture. This is just poor due diligence on the part of the front office.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My prediction of FutureSox’s top 15:

• 01) Jimenez, OF
  • 02) Kopech, RHP
  • 03) Robert, OF
  • 04) Cease, RHP
  • 05) Madrigal, 2B
  • 06) Dunning, RHP
  • 07) Collins, C
  • 08) Hansen, RHP
  • 09) Adolfo, OF
  • 10) Basabe, OF
  • 11) Rutherford, OF
  • 12) Gonzalez, OF
  • 13) Burger, 3B
  • 14) Walker, OF
  • 15) Burdi, RHP

5 of those guys are hurt.  Not criticizing, just commenting.