8/7 Games

DirtySox

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nick Senzel is blocked by Suarez in Cincinnati and they just drafted India. It wouldn't shock me if they traded two OFers in a 2 for 1 deal to make it fair value. It would have to be Basabe or Rutherford as the main piece, with someone like Walker or Call. They spent too much money on Robert to give him up. 

Senzel is untouchable IMO.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nick Senzel is blocked by Suarez in Cincinnati and they just drafted India. It wouldn't shock me if they traded two OFers in a 2 for 1 deal to make it fair value. It would have to be Basabe or Rutherford as the main piece, with someone like Walker or Call. They spent too much money on Robert to give him up. 

They're trading for pitching, not an outfielder if they get rid of Suarez or Senzel.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Senzel is untouchable IMO.

I think it would be more likely they trade Suarez, but I wouldn't say no to him either. If you could get Senzel would you part with Cease, Dunning or Lopez/Giolito? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think it would be more likely they trade Suarez, but I wouldn't say no to him either. If you could get Senzel would you part with Cease, Dunning or Lopez/Giolito? 

Sure, I’d part with any of those for Senzel.  The problem is they’d want Cease, Dunning, + and that’s a tough pill to swallow at this point in the rebuild.

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, I’d part with any of those for Senzel.  The problem is they’d want Cease, Dunning, + and that’s a tough pill to swallow at this point in the rebuild.

I'd offer Lopez and Basabe and see if they bite. I'd trade Lopez for Suarez as well, but it would be a lesser OF than Basabe or Rutherford. Maybe Adolfo. India can be traded after the WS as well so I'd call up the GM of the Reds if I'm Hahn and see if they can make a deal on one of the three. This is one of those things, similar to Quintana to the Cubs that makes too much sense for both teams to not happen. The Sox have a glut of SP and OF, the Reds have 3 third basemen. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Too bad Hansen has had such a bad year, as I would have loved a deal centered around him and Basabe or Adolfo or Rutherford for Suarez.

He can recoup his value with a strong AFL showing.  I like that he’s working with Zaleski now, gotta cross our fingers that get’s him back on track.

• bmags pinned this topic

Never have enough pitching, when we were #1 in prospects in early 2000s it was almost all pitching. 80% of them did not pan out. We do not have enough, we need 3-4 real good starters at each level and we do not have that yet. If we have a glut of outfielders eventually move some for pitching. 

3 minutes ago, MnSoxFan said:

Never have enough pitching, when we were #1 in prospects in early 2000s it was almost all pitching. 80% of them did not pan out. We do not have enough, we need 3-4 real good starters at each level and we do not have that yet. If we have a glut of outfielders eventually move some for pitching. 

Who has three or four good pitchers at every level out of the Braves?  That’s not even remotely realistic.

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who has three or four good pitchers at every level out of the Braves?  That’s not even remotely realistic.

We did back when we were #1. If our pitching was healthy we would be close to having 2-3 at the 4 levels above rookie ball. Not unrealistic. Not saying we need 3-4 Cease types at every level. Just someone who has a chance, for too long we have not even had those types. Too many org types. 

26 minutes ago, MnSoxFan said:

We did back when we were #1. If our pitching was healthy we would be close to having 2-3 at the 4 levels above rookie ball. Not unrealistic. Not saying we need 3-4 Cease types at every level. Just someone who has a chance, for too long we have not even had those types. Too many org types. 

I think we’ll have that for the most part next year.

AAA: Cease, Guerrero, Adams

AA: Dunning, Hansen, Lambert, Flores, Medeiros, Puckett

A+: Henzman, McClure, Battenfield, Parke

A: Pilkington, Stiever, Heuer, Bilous