8/8 GT - NYY @ Sox - Severino vs Giolito

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

On 1-0, Avi wasn’t looking for a 97 mph fastball.

On 2-1, Avi evidently wasn’t looking for a 96 mph fastball.

On 3-2, Avi apparently wasn’t looking for a 97 moh fastball.

They should just send Steverson’s sorry ass to the sun.

I know it’s easy to blame the hitting coach, but I don’t see what he’s accomplishing here.  Half the team has horrible approaches at the plate, guys constantly go through lengthy slumps, & and when someone finally does something right like Anderson taking some walks they quickly revert to their bad habits.  They need to bring in a new voice before next season and not risk another year of stalled development with this guy.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

At this point, assuming Machado is a no go, I hope they sign Pollack, Dozier, & Murphy to pillow contracts this offseason.

1. Pollack, CF
  2. Moncada, 2B
  3. Abreu, DH
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Murphy, 1B
  6. A. Garcia, RF
  7. Dozier, 3B
  8. Anderson, SS
  9. Castillo, C

That could actually be a damn good lineup with rebounds from Murphy & Dozier.

Sign and flip. Why the hell not?

I am OK with allowing Moncada to show what he has (or doesn't have) this season because it provides the Sox organization with a lot of information to process in a throw away season.    Similarly, I would bring Eloy , Robert, Case, Kopech  or anyone else who is even close to major league ready at the outset on the 2019 season.   I don't think the "he is not ready to  come up t the majors"  is a valid argument for any of the top prospects when some of the placeholders on the 25 man roster are a joke.  In short, I think 2019 should start off with all hands on deck.  I will always be a great fan of the White Sox and because of that, I do not want to see another year like this. This is just awful.

1 minute ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Let's protect our prized blue chip prospect from at bats during a developmental season. 

There’s a limit to everything. Nobody should be upset if they sent him to AAA for 20 games, or whatever they have left. 

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

At this point, assuming Machado is a no go, I hope they sign Pollack, Dozier, & Murphy to pillow contracts this offseason.

1. Pollack, CF
  2. Moncada, 2B
  3. Abreu, DH
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Murphy, 1B
  6. A. Garcia, RF
  7. Dozier, 3B
  8. Anderson, SS
  9. Castillo, C

That could actually be a damn good lineup with rebounds from Murphy & Dozier.

No thanks. Let the kids play next year. If you lose 100 games again than so be it. This team needs all the top 3 draft picks that it can acquire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Let's protect our prized blue chip prospect from at bats during a developmental season. 

Yes, let’s.  He’s not Adam Dunn or Chris Davis in the middle of their careers.  They can still get him plenty of developmental at-bats during the remainder of this season while protecting him from setting this dubious record.  

Edited by Fan O'Faust

Just now, Fan O'Faust said:

Yes, let’s.  He’s not Adam Dunn or Chris Davis in the middle of their careers.  They can still get him plenty of developmental at-bats during the remainder of this season while protecting him from setting this particular record.  

Rich Hahn should be fired on the spot if Moncada is sent back to Charlotte. 

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

There’s a limit to everything. Nobody should be upset if they sent him to AAA for 20 games, or whatever they have left. 

Problem is that there's no proof that the AAA has a freaking clue what they're doing either 

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Moncada needs a day off and some extra bp.

And about 5 patches to the massive holes he has in his swing/approach. No doubt in my mind he was a better player when he was called up last year than he is now.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

No thanks. Let the kids play next year. If you lose 100 games again than so be it. This team needs all the top 3 draft picks that it can acquire. 

What kids?  Engel may be the worst offensive player in baseball.  Sanchez got his chance as an everyday regular and has failed to capitalize on it.  If we’re not playing a young guy with potential, then we might as well as sign some vets on short term deals to stabilize the clubhouse & provide some leadership.  God knows the coaching staff isn’t doing.  Purposely tankjng again next year after calling up two top 10 prospects is a completely idiotic plan.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

And about 5 patches to the massive holes he has in his swing/approach. No doubt in my mind he was a better player when he was called up last year than he is now.

Then why not send him to AAA to start 2019 to get his confidence back? I really don't know if they can afford to take the same "sink or swim" approach they took with Beckham. 

Just now, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Sending Moncada down to Charlotte means this rebuild is heading in the wrong direction very quickly. The kid is 23. You have to let him take him take his lumps at the major league level. 

I think that’s a bit dramatic. Many big time prospects have been sent down within a year or two of their promotion to the bigs as a full time regular. It happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Then why not send him to AAA to start 2019 to get his confidence back? I really don't know if they can afford to take the same "sink or swim" approach they took with Beckham. 

Because he's not going to see 96 mph high fastballs in AAA on a consistent basis.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What kids?  Engel may be the worst offensive player in baseball.  Sanchez got his chance as an everyday regular and has failed to capitalize on it.  If we’re not playing a young guy with potential, then we might as well as sign some vets on short term deals to stabilize the clubhouse & provide some leadership.  God knows the coaching staff isn’t doing.  Purposely tankjng again next year after calling up two top 10 prospects is a completely idiotic plan.

Didn't you just post about the Astros having three 100 loss seasons in a row? Next year is year 3 of the rebuild. It should be another tank and developmental year. The Astros didn't cut bait on Altuve, Bregman, Springer, or Correa after their slow starts.

The only guys I would go after in the offseason are Machado and Patrick Corbin. 

Didn't you just post about the Astros having three 100 loss seasons in a row? Next year is year 3 of the rebuild. It should be another tank and developmental year. The Astros didn't cut bait on Altuve, Bregman, Springer, or Correa after their slow starts.

The only guys I would go after in the offseason are Machado and Patrick Corbin. 

No I didn’t.  And please never cite names like Altuve, Bergman, Springer, & Coors when discussing Adam Engel & Yolmer Sanchez.  Giving them everyday roles again would be a terrible decision.