8/8 GT - NYY @ Sox - Severino vs Giolito

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No I didn’t.  And please never cite names like Altuve, Bergman, Springer, & Coors when discussing Adam Engel & Yolmer Sanchez.  Giving them everyday roles again would be a terrible decision.

Let Garcia, Engel, Tilson, and Cordell battle it out for the starting CF job in Spring training. Luis Robert is supposed to be a five tool player. He should be ready to tear it up in 2020. 

I would go after Machado hard in the offseason to replace Yolmer. If you fail at signing machado let Yolmer play at third in 2019 and give Arenado a blank check.

Just now, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Let Garcia, Engel, Tilson, and Cordell battle it out for the starting CF job in Spring training. Luis Robert is supposed to be a five tool player. He should be ready to tear it up in 2020. 

I would go after Machado hard in the offseason to replace Yolmer. If you fail at signing machado let Yolmer play at third in 2019 and give Arenado a blank check.

If they give 600 AB’s to any of those CFs, then Rick should be fired on the spot.  Playing time is an asset during a rebuild.  Other than Leury, who is made of glass, none of them has done anything to warrant an extended look next year.  Sign a vet that can take some pressure off the kids and potentially be flipped if things go right.

I’m all for Machado, but if we miss I have no problem with a vet for a year and try at Arenado the following offseason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If they give 600 AB’s to any of those CFs, then Rick should be fired on the spot.  Playing time is an asset during a rebuild.  Other than Leury, who is made of glass, none of them has done anything to warrant an extended look next year.  Sign a vet that can take some pressure off the kids and potentially be flipped if things go right.

I’m all for Machado, but if we miss I have no problem with a vet for a year and try at Arenado the following offseason.

Don't you think Pollack and Dozier are gonna get 3 year deals? Also, has Dozier even played more than 50 games in his career at third?

1 minute ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Don't you think Pollack and Dozier are gonna get 3 year deals? Also, has Dozier even played more than 50 games in his career at third?

No idea.  I wouldn’t sign either guy for more than 1 or 2 years though.  I only want to add vets if they can serve as transitions to the kids, not block them.

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No I didn’t.  And please never cite names like Altuve, Bergman, Springer, & Coors when discussing Adam Engel & Yolmer Sanchez.  Giving them everyday roles again would be a terrible decision.

He's bringing it up because he's saying it is just as ridiculous to compare Moncada to those players as it is Engel and Sanchez. I agree with you, it isn't the same, however would we be making that comparison if Moncada wasn't highly regarded? He's saying that any performance and non-performance at the MLB level should be treated similarly. I can't argue that Engel and Moncada look similar at the plate currently. If Moncada was ranked #75 in 2017 instead of #1, would we be giving him this much slack for obvious non-performance? (the other thing is that if Moncada wasn't ranked #1 he wouldn't be on the White Sox, he'd still be with Boston and Devers  or Benintendi would be here) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

32 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Dozier has played 0 career innings at third and I think he'd be a train wreck over there 

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Just put Palka in center. After all, #AuthenticFans remember the #SteveSaxExperiment

That wasonly because he fogot how to throw frim second to first. They were hoping the OF to home would be easier for him.

1 hour ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Machado doesnt want to play third, thus he will not sign with the sox to play third.