8/8 GT - NYY @ Sox - Severino vs Giolito

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Wish our second baseman was half as good as Torres

And the Yanks got him for a half of a season of Chapman! The Sox never should have let Hahn lead this rebuild. They should just put off the inevitable and fire him this offseason after Moncada breaks the single season strike out record and finishes with less WAR than David Bote.

Just now, footlongcomiskeydog said:

And the Yanks got him for a half of a season of Chapman! The Sox never should have let Hahn lead this rebuild. They should just put off the inevitable and fire him this offseason after Moncada breaks the single season strike out record and finishes with less WAR than David Bote.

Is that what you've been getting at this whole time? Jesus man, you could have just said it and saved about 500 posts. I'm really happy we've made progress though. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

You realize we don't have any influence on the actual games, right? Like, what do you want people to say? I'll do my part. "Oh my God, the White Sox suck and Moncada looks real bad right now!" Better? 

Oh my God, you mean Yoan Moncada's not coming here to get hitting advice?!?!?! Why didn't anybody warn me?!?!?!

Dude, we have entire threads on trade proposals. We endlessly discuss whether Eloy and Kopech should be brought up now or next year. We can and do discuss why Moncada is struggling. That's what makes a message board interesting, regardless of the fact that it has no impact on the actual team. No, I'm not suggesting we just have endless doom and gloom about Moncada, but I do think blaming umpires for the struggle of a top prospect is pointless, and that we can and should discuss what steps he could take to eventually live up to his hype.

If I'm just supposed to write "WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" when something cool happens, I'll spend my time elsewhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

That's also cause the Yankees and Cubs are incredible at developing offensive players and the Sox have been a complete failure in that category.  Hell, Andujar looks significantly better than Yoan does.

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Oh my God, you mean Yoan Moncada's not coming here to get hitting advice?!?!?! Why didn't anybody warn me?!?!?!

Dude, we have entire threads on trade proposals. We endlessly discuss whether Eloy and Kopech should be brought up now or next year. We can and do discuss why Moncada is struggling. That's what makes a message board interesting, regardless of the fact that it has no impact on the actual team. No, I'm not suggesting we just have endless doom and gloom about Moncada, but I do think blaming umpires for the struggle of a top prospect is pointless, and that we can and should discuss what steps he could take to eventually live up to his hype.

If I'm just supposed to write "WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" when something cool happens, I'll spend my time elsewhere.

Nobody is blaming umpires for his struggles but you. All we’re saying is that they’re certainly not doing him any favors by calling pitches 5 inches off the plate strikes once per game. You can drop that straw man whenever you’d like 

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I guess it's just me, but I'm not real big on playing GM on the board either. I just prefer to talk about what I'm seeing and why I think it's happening. I guess we all have our motivations for posting. Carry on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That's also cause the Yankees and Cubs are incredible at developing offensive players and the Sox have been a complete failure in that category.  Hell, Andujar looks significantly better than Yoan does.

If we had andujar, all you and anyone would do is complain about how abysmal he is defensively 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, footlongcomiskeydog said:

😒

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robin Ventura first 166 games OPS: .640.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Which is exactly why my posts are so fool of doom and gloom. This organization has shown no ability to scout, develop, and coach young talent.

Trying to rebuild without completely cleaning house was an idiotic move. All of the Sox young prospects are struggling at the major league level. You can't just click your heels three times and magically turn into the Astros, Cubs, and Yankees.

Which is exactly why my posts are so fool of doom and gloom. This organization has shown no ability to scout, develop, and coach young talent.

Trying to rebuild without completely cleaning house was an idiotic move. All of the Sox young prospects are struggling at the major league level. You can't just click your heels three times and magically turn into the Astros, Cubs, and Yankees.

Remember that time the Astros lost 100+ games 3 years in a row? 

• Like 1

I’m not trying to be sarcastic or pretentious; genuinely, if that’s how you feel, why are you a fan? Why not root for a team that better aligns with your preferences? 

• Love 1

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Well, that was a nasty change followed by 2 nasty curveballs. Progress. 

He’s got great secondary pitches and when he can command the fastball to set them up he’s actually a good pitcher.  He’s just too damn inconsistent, even within starts.  Really seems like a mental midget to me.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I wonder how many people here would have predicted JD Martinez would amount to anything after he posted a cumulative OPS below .700 after his first 3 seasons with the Astros? 

Well he needed a whole new approach and coaching, correct?

Edited by fathom