Indians@Sox 7:10 PM NBCSN-CHI Bieber vs. Rodon

Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

Didn't look like a strike to me. I don't think he's guessing. He's keeping his head on the ball. I think he legit doesn't think they're strikes. 

I agree with this, but that had the whole plate. idk what Moncada was looking at there. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Didn't look like a strike to me. I don't think he's guessing. He's keeping his head on the ball. I think he legit doesn't think they're strikes. 

He takes too many fastballs that have a big portion of the plate with 2 strikes to think his eye is that off.  That pitch upon further review was in the middle of the upper right quadrant of the strike zone 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He takes too many fastballs that have a big portion of the plate with 2 strikes to think his eye is that off.  That pitch upon further review was in the middle of the upper right quadrant of the strike zone 

That pitch is rarely called a strike. Everyone knows he needs to fight more pitches off. I just don't think he's guessing. He's not cheating or anything like that. He's seeing the ball into the catcher's mitt. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

That pitch is rarely called a strike. Everyone knows he needs to fight more pitches off. I just don't think he's guessing. He's not cheating or anything like that. He's seeing the ball into the catcher's mitt. 

Blatant strike according to this:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?game_pk=531144&type=away_pitchers&chart_view=pitch&chart_type=sbp&inning=&count=&batter_hand=&pitcher_hand=&filter=